Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
uhhhh...
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've done a lot of searching online (and on here) and it has answered some of my questions but not all of them. Does anyone on this site have a meth injected 6cyl thats not a F.I? if so what are the HP gains? what system are you running? How big of a tank? what mixture? ect...
basically I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it to do methanol injection on a non F.I engine. :dunno:

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
There is no point in running meth injection on a N/A engine.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,045 Posts
There is no point in running meth injection on a N/A engine.
I don't know about that, Greg. I think for the 6g72 adding meth/water and jacking up the timing may not have the power out of a v-8 platform, but I would under estimate the benefit of having you octane rating go up to 110-116 depending on the mix.:dunno:

To answer the question is no one has tried it with a n/a 3g. Why don't you be the first. The snow's system in not that expensive.

**Oh, I just noticed you have a 2000 which is unflashable at this time. Without the ECUFlash for tuning, it is not worth it.**

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Phil, I doubt you'd gain more than 5 whp from it and those kits aren't expensive but they aren't cheap either.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,045 Posts
Phil, I doubt you'd gain more than 5 whp from it and those kits aren't expensive but they aren't cheap either.
You may be right, but I try not to make those assumptions until it has been done. Sometimes you need to smash conventional wisdom, just like a 6-8 psi piston boost limit. ;)

In wldrnryn-gt case, where he can't use the ulta cheap and ultra awesome ECUFlash, it is pointless. He may find a used boost cooler for sale but then would have buy a tuning device to change his timing. Not worth the cost and effort. imo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts