Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
54,383 Posts
thats nothing for the 4g64, they'll run forever without major problems since there just isnt much to go wrong. just keep ontop of maintenance, follow the severe schedule laid out in the owners manual, since most daily short trips and around town driving falls into that category. try to let the car warm for 2-3 minutes before taking off and go easy on it till the engine is fully warmed.

·
MINI by proxy
4,408 Posts
I'm approaching the 100K mark on mine. Previous owners weren't sticklers on regular maintenance from what I can tell, so I'm still "catching up" on a few things. Barring some misfire issues and a bad valve cover gasket (both fixed shortly after purchase), I've had no major problems to report. :D

·
Subaru Driver
1,656 Posts
2000 GT with 112,xxx. No problems directly with the 6g72 but i do have a severe exhaust leak somewhere and my sporty tranny might be going out.

Pulls strong just like when we bought it at 42,xxx miles.

·
RS rocks!
797 Posts
90,000 miles and still runs perfect.. I just notice some oil leak into our garage!...

·
Fossilized Member
1,206 Posts
'03 GTS, 50,200 miles. Not one single problem with the motor. Although the stock Goodyear tires are falling apart.

·
Boosted FTW
2,692 Posts
Im at 42,425 only problems I have had are clutchs and im on number 2 in the last 2 years which was found to be a Red Neck Shop of mechanics that were in a rush and did a horrid job of installing my clutch and LSD so PhamEcis corrected it and Stg2+ is in now with a sweet and smooth engagement.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I'm a little over 106,500 miles. I bought it with 78,500 miles in March of 2005. I've done a fair amount of driving (e.g., Canada three times, NC once, and traveling back-and-forth to university) since I've had it. The only problems I've had are related to mistakes made by friggin' mechanics. The major one was this past summer when they installed the timing belt incorrectly, causing it to fail and bend a valve, etc. I obviously have the tick, and my clutch and/or synchros are going right now. That is all.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts