Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Farts In The Tub
2,245 Posts
if you have a good maintenance schedule and use quality products, 300k will be a walk in the park.

ive said it before and i'll say it again, with proper maintenance, i would be my life that a 3G could last every bit of 500,000 miles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
2002 Eclipse GS single owner maintained by myself
Never modded , engine completely stock aside from an exhaust.
162xxx miles
Ran on Mobil 1 synthetic since mile 1
Replaced timing belt and wp twice since then
trany flush twice in 162k
No issues other than regular maintenance and wear and tear items.
My 06 BMW has had way more issues than my Eclipse this car is SOLID

·
Look at me!
786 Posts
Damn 180k thats alot for 01! I would looks at wires and plugs and distributor if you have misfires even on low gas. Those plugs r only good for 60k miles.

I thought 117k is a lot for my 02. In all honesty I think im going to get her to 300k on both the manual tranny and engine. I been keeping strict maintenance schedule on her and it was 1 owner before me and it also has good dealer service record so im not worried really.
Uhm I already got that covered. I've done all the routine scheduled maintenance on it and changed the spark plugs and wires and serpentine belt.

<------{Not an idiot}

·
Farts In The Tub
2,245 Posts
2002 Eclipse GS single owner maintained by myself
Never modded , engine completely stock aside from an exhaust.
162xxx miles
Ran on Mobil 1 synthetic since mile 1
Replaced timing belt and wp twice since then
trany flush twice in 162k
No issues other than regular maintenance and wear and tear items.
My 06 BMW has had way more issues than my Eclipse this car is SOLID
i would say the mobil 1 from mile 1 was probably the best idea ever.

·
God Speed
20 Posts
closing in on 110k runs strong. just that damn....ticking :twitch:
Hey I dont know if there is Much of a Differnce Distributor Wise between the 4 and the 6 ..But when i did my top end work and the heads came of I repalced my cap and rotor,thing is the distributor was just a touch loose ..And my engine was ticking like it was cool..I adjust the distributor the oposite direction and it shut up right away..And was quite again no probs since...I m not a Mech but I can turn a wrench..Its worth a loo anyways

·
D-Dragon
9 Posts
01 RS, 125,XXX no problems so far, got it with 78,XXX regular maint, changed all the fluids within the first week. Oil (motor flushed), transmission, brake fliud, radiator flush and fill, and diff.
Also ran seafoam through it once a year. ZMax 2X a year.

·
Reppin' the 513 Haha
100 Posts
179k on my 01 R/T. Got a clutch on it's way, delivered monday it looks like. Other than 3 axles in the last 24k, no problems to report....minus the damn dash cracking. I'm very impressed with it thus far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
212k miles,2001 eclipse V6, automatic/ diff shifter

Bought it for 2,500 when it was already in the 200k miles mark.

so far all ive done was changed the radiator, got an oil change, 02 sensor bank 2 change
(the one under the car and is a pain in the ass to change)

Still ned to get a tuneup done

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im at 98,500 on my 03 GS. The only problem i had was a broken viper fluid hose.

I bought the car at 97,000 about a month ago (from a dealer) and it was in perfect condition. Scored and got it $6,000.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Up there @ 154,196 on "Tyrese" my '03 Eclipse GS.. Originally purchased him with 101k last yr April... I commuted for a little back & forth to school hence the extra 50k+ miles. Still runs great tho. Timing belt went @ about 103K but was still under warranty so no prob fixing it. Scheduled maintenance done, oil changes, basic tune up, all plugs & wires pretty good. He's a champ I def see us making it to 200k no problem. Maybe even more after seeing all the previous posts :bigdance:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Coming up on 140k, 2002 GT. Still going hard, just need some mounts and I keep getting an intermittent O2 sensor code. Had a 2000 GT before my current car with just under 160k, and lets just say it didn't hold up well. But I had bought it used so it's possible the previous owner just beat it to hell.

·
Fossilized Member
1,204 Posts
'03 GTS, 50,200 miles. Not one single problem with the motor. Although the stock Goodyear tires are falling apart.
Almost 5 years later, 119000 miles and the only repair so far was change out the EGR valve. Still runs like it was new. Doesn't use a single drop of oil between changes. Doesn't leak anything either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2002 - Orig Owner. Just hit 128,xxx major replacements, radiator, timing belt, plugs, exhaust, that's been it knock on wood.

·
03 GT Street Blaze
75 Posts
138K on my 03 GT Auto. Just need new shocks/struts and change a couple engine mounts and I just recently replaced Gasket Cover...Had the car since 64,000 miles and only major issue was I had to change the radiator because it had a small crack in the 100k range. I love my car to death and will never get rid of it. Engine dies? Put another one in it! Will pay my baby off in June '12...or better yet when i get my income taxes lol. Im actually looking for a trustworthy mechanic in the Northern VA area...I just moved to Fairfax Station, VA and I need a trustworthy mechanic who knows how to work on our Beautiful GTs....if anyone knows anyone in this area please refer me to them! My number is 9313388728 and my email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance,

Jose

P.S This Site is awesome!

·
Registered
33 Posts
2001 Spyder GT
Second owner
213,XXX motor blew 100 miles ago due to the original owner never changing the timing belt. Yes i know 213K on original timing belt dammm. When i got the car from him i did a motor and tranny swap with 33K on each. Check out the tack

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im at 98,500 on my 03 GS. The only problem i had was a broken viper fluid hose.

I bought the car at 97,000 about a month ago (from a dealer) and it was in perfect condition. Scored and got it $6,000.

You sound just like me, by the name you got the dark Gray???

I bought mine with 95k in really good condition from the dealer - couple months back. - right now mine has 97400 and I have not done a thing to it

03 GS have done nothing so far and I have $4250 in the car.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts