Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
2000 Gt, 121xxx Miles, only mayor thing is I have an exhaust leak right now, gotta get it fixed next week and she will be good to go!

·
Topless Monster
540 Posts
2002 GS. 1,000 miles.

...after engine swap. :p 4G64 had 120,xxx miles, no problems (except air compressor was on it's last leg :jerkit: ) otherwise, absolutely perfect. :wub:

·
Fossilized Member
1,206 Posts
Almost 5 years later, 119000 miles and the only repair so far was change out the EGR valve. Still runs like it was new. Doesn't use a single drop of oil between changes. Doesn't leak anything either.
Time for an update.

Another 5+ years later. 178k miles and still going. She's no spring chicken anymore. Lots of work keeping her road worthy. Dash is cracked now and stock rubber suspension bushings are all going to hell. Original engine still runs good and not using or leaking any fluids. Paint still shiny (cause i wax the shit outta it.)

Gonna be time for the spark plugs again after summer is over.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mileage is about 175k, redone front head after a timing belt snapped while she was being driven by last owner. All sorts of work in the engine alone (around $800-$1000) to get her solid and replacing a lot of bad or old parts. Still gotta fix a rattle in the timing belt system but after that should be good to go. Going to be completely repainted end of this summer so next year should look like a brand new car on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Fossilized Member
1,206 Posts
Almost 5 years later, 119000 miles and the only repair so far was change out the EGR valve. Still runs like it was new. Doesn't use a single drop of oil between changes. Doesn't leak anything either.
2003 GTS 156,000 and still going. My goal is 300,000+

I might not live long enough to reach it though. :dunno:
Time for an update.

Another 5+ years later. 178k miles and still going. She's no spring chicken anymore. Lots of work keeping her road worthy. Dash is cracked now and stock rubber suspension bushings are all going to hell. Original engine still runs good and not using or leaking any fluids. Paint still shiny (cause i wax the shit outta it.)

Gonna be time for the spark plugs again after summer is over.
And here we are yet again. A few more years down the road and now hitting the 200K mile mark. Still original engine but the lifters need attention. Probably change them out soon and do the valve stem seals while I'm that far into the motor. I did change out the cracked dash with a good one from the junk yard. I reinforced the new one with fiberglass from underneath in hopes of keeping it crack free.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts