Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried to portmatch and deburr thr inside of the factory manifolds to flow a little better for the turbo setups?

·
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!
209 Posts
Well I couldnt get a digital camera to take pictures in time. I was in a rush to get it done. It is all very simple but just takes some time and a steady hand. I will start off by giving you this site
http://www.sa-motorsports.com/diyport.shtm
It is a good read and you can get the basic idea of what needs to happen. I had access to a die grinder, but I guess you could use a drimmel. I ordered the kit from Summitt for the job. I would not recommend the video, I didnt learn a thing from it.
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=esearch.asp&N=110&Ntk=KeywordSearch&Ntt=standard+abrasives+porting+kit&x=13&y=4

·
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!
209 Posts
Chase2000GT said:
Matt has ported and flow matched heads.
<-----I now have ported and flow matched heads. What I was trying to say was, it is easy but time comsuming. I spent appx. 6-10 hours of work at a final cost of 40.00.

·
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!
209 Posts
The porting part is very easy to do on the manifolds.The upper and lower manifolds are made from softer metals, so you can cut away real easy. Just as they say in the article use the gasket to mark out the areas inside to be removed. All that you will need to take out is about 1-2mm. Thats all our intake manifolds need. Then feather your cuts down about a inch or two. What you are trying to do is remove any straight edges the flow of air will come in contact with, and any casting bumps or imperfections, making a smooth transition of air down into the heads. You dont want to polish the intake because it could cause pooling of the fuel.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Until I got incarcerated last september, I was porting intake manifolds (lower and upper) and matching them for 200 bux. I got mine professionally done and spent almost 600 on it. The performance gains NA were not worth 600 bux as I did get them dyno'd and saw a peak gain of about 3HP. The HP curve did shift and power was coming on sooner in the rpm band. I will be offering this service again very soon, within the next two months as I get settled back into a normal life.

If your interested let me know.

ewww.. I just noticed that I'm at 1 post on the new boards... tearstone and rulez can vouch for me. Being away for a year sucked... :bash:

·
Vortech &amp;gt; VTEC
1,450 Posts
PharmEcis said:
Until I got incarcerated last september, I was porting intake manifolds (lower and upper) and matching them for 200 bux. I got mine professionally done and spent almost 600 on it. The performance gains NA were not worth 600 bux as I did get them dyno'd and saw a peak gain of about 3HP. The HP curve did shift and power was coming on sooner in the rpm band. I will be offering this service again very soon, within the next two months as I get settled back into a normal life.

ewww.. I just noticed that I'm at 1 post on the new boards... tearstone and rulez can vouch for me. Being away for a year sucked... :bash:
I'd be interested when you start back up.

·
Registered
970 Posts
PharmEcis said:

Glad to have you back on both boards Greg !!!

Neal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts