Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

41 - 60 of 541 Posts

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'd love to see the 3G guys get a little more active. Every year you talk about having some summer meets and then nothing happens. Someone needs to take the bull by the horns here. I bet the 4G Eclipse guys will out number the 3Gs at the All Mitsu Cookout this year.
Good for them. :clap:

We have meets, we just don't blow them out of proportion. It's usually just 3-4 of us anyway so it's nothing worth getting too riled up about. I'm sure there will be more at the 4g's at the cookout because we really have no active 3g members. Can't really help that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good for them. :clap:

We have meets, we just don't blow them out of proportion. It's usually just 3-4 of us anyway so it's nothing worth getting too riled up about. I'm sure there will be more at the 4g's at the cookout because we really have no active 3g members. Can't really help that.
Well, the point is kind of the fact that you could have and active 3G group. Its just a matter of someone taking the initiate and making it active. Its kind of the "build it and they will come" philosophy.

And "blowing it out of proportion" is exactly what you want to do if you want more people to come to the next meet. There are a lot of 3G Eclipses still out on the road. It would be cool to see you guys have bigger meets.

Just some food for thought.

later,
Curt

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Well let's see here...

Me
Alex
Amy
New guy #1
new guy #2

Other then that, I am unaware of any c3g members in the area. All the others have galants or stratus' and the ones that do have 3g's are ricer idiots who don't know what to do with their car and haven't joined the forum.

Perhaps once I'm on the road...

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Having bigger meets would be prime. Having 3g owners to invite to these meets would be great. There lies the problem. All I'm saying is comparing their group to use is comparing apples to oranges. They clearly have more active members. Like Justin said, there are only about 4 of us. So why make an official meet when only 2 or 3 people would show up? Justin and I text frequently as do Matt and I. We can be found at Sears most weekends, so that's our meet. Plus, its easier to just text a guy asking if they are going to Sears versus posting here and waiting days for a reply. This thread was mostly started by me to inform the new guys that we do in fact want to get together. More of an invite to our krew, yo.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Calling all 3gs. Go to Sears on Friday night. :lol:

Alex when are we doing your 3.8? I really want to put my package on that motor. :naughty:

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
I bet you do:lol:
Finish your exhaust already and get it tuned. Then again... that means new clutch and soon a new LSD... both of which mean new roll stop mounts. Holy shit, we've got our work cut out for us!

As for Alex... He needs to buy the motor, we'll go pick it up in my van and bring it back to the shop. We'll throw it on the stand (displace my new D16z6!) and I'll give it the goodies and perhaps teach this forum how to do a timing belt successfully on the first time around. Then we'll bring the motor over to his place and drop the thing in in ONE DAY! It'd be so glorious. I mean, it WILL be so glorious.

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Calling all 3gs. Go to Sears on Friday night. :lol:

Alex when are we doing your 3.8? I really want to put my package on that motor. :naughty:

I have a 3.8 in my garage right meow. Granted, its a 1964 inline 3.8.....

·
I'm from Poland.
1,055 Posts
Well, the point is kind of the fact that you could have and active 3G group. Its just a matter of someone taking the initiate and making it active.
This.

It makes me a little sad that the guy with a ruined Galant, that drives a Hyundai, on a Eclipse forum, has to organize the group to meet. I am not the leader here that you think I am. I used to be, but not anymore.

Some one grab this forums balls and bring people together! Not only to have a meet, but to get more Mitsus at the Cookout.

I swear to God, if I have to buy a Mitsu to get you guys to come to the Cookout, I will firebomb all of your cars and steal your trophies.

Get your shit together and someone form this board take control.

·
I'm from Poland.
1,055 Posts
^ Please don't make me firebomb your cars. That is alot of wasted vodka. And wasted vodka = me getting angry. You don't want to see me angry.

Who is going to grow some balls?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well let's see here...

Me
Alex
Amy
New guy #1
new guy #2

Other then that, I am unaware of any c3g members in the area. All the others have galants or stratus' and the ones that do have 3g's are ricer idiots who don't know what to do with their car and haven't joined the forum.

Perhaps once I'm on the road...
I should probably put my hand up now. I've been lurking the forums for a while now but I have been in and out of the country the last year or so. But I'm officially back in Minnetonka now. I own a 3G and wouldn't mind adding to the numbers of proud 3G owners in the area. :)

P.S. If you guys are looking for a get together and arnt busy, why don't we try and get something going this Friday evening?

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I should probably put my hand up now. I've been lurking the forums for a while now but I have been in and out of the country the last year or so. But I'm officially back in Minnetonka now. I own a 3G and wouldn't mind adding to the numbers of proud 3G owners in the area. :)

P.S. If you guys are looking for a get together and arnt busy, why don't we try and get something going this Friday evening?
Welcome! :wavey:

I'm down for this Friday. I actually have the whole day off :ndance: I'm texting Justin now seeing if he's available for some wrenching before we cruise out Friday. Matt, toss that Throttle Body in your car and ill toss those headlights in mine. Pete, bring your ass out to Sears! Amy, bring your ass out to Sears too. If you're all not out Friday, you kan no haz stickers!

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'll probably work a half day and then get my summer tires on before rolling out. I'm a little late with the swap by a few months. :lol:

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Alex (GTMitsu) is coming to my place tomorrow at 3 and we're going to tear his car apart and do some bushings before we roll up to the meets. We'll just be BSing and probably go find something tasty for dinner, you guys should feel free to come down and join in at your hearts desire.

If not then, you're all expect to be at Sears. :yesway:

·
The Ghost
717 Posts
Alex, I got sonars yesterday but you can just have the tb. I'll bring it to Sears on Friday.

·
The Ghost
717 Posts
Good thinking. I'll give you a call when I get off work tomorrow. Alex should be pleased to see this.

41 - 60 of 541 Posts