Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Tearstone Performance said:
At this year's 2008 Detroit Auto Show, Mitsubishi premiers it's "Concept-RA". Essentially this sporty coupe concept touts being environmentally friendly with a new high output, clean diesel engine. Mitsubishi also hopes to appeal to enthusiast buyers as well with the S-AWC (Super All Wheel Control) and Twin Clutch SST automated transmission found in the new Evolution X which was released in Japan on October 1st.
Read More: Mitsubishi Concept-RA

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
it looks okay. I like the whole lambo look of it.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
I can see MR2; reminds me of an NSX also. Which is to say that I find it extremely attractive. I look forward to actual pictures.

I'm assuming this would be a 5G Eclipse concept? Or something more upmarket?

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Yeah now only if they stick with it this time and actually do the awd!

But I would love a turbo diesel, and even more so if the numbers are true with it having 302 ft/lbs of torque! Throw some propane at the motor and you would be set!

·
Halfway off da hinge
2,277 Posts
if that ever hits the market, you can bet that it'll be expensive as hell! Although, I would like to see an actual ''for sale'' model in the next year or 2

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Cant wait to see it at NAIAS in January :woot:

Maybe the concept for the 5G??? The 4G has been out for 3 model years now.

·
AKA Nick
1,468 Posts
If you look at the rear end shot it has a lot of porsche caymen in it. Personally it looks pretty badass, now it just needs to really come with the AWD or RWD.

·
I'd Rather Be Flying
2,106 Posts
2.2L 4 cyl DOHC Turbo Diesel MIVEC engine capable of 202hp and 309ft/lbs of torque :scratch: im guessing the car is going to be heavy as hell and slow.

i like the car bot hopefully mitsubishi comes with a better idea for the 5g. (performance wise) cause looks are great for my taste

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
2.2L 4 cyl DOHC Turbo Diesel MIVEC engine capable of 202hp and 309ft/lbs of torque :scratch: im guessing the car is going to be heavy as hell and slow.

i like the car bot hopefully mitsubishi comes with a better idea for the 5g. (performance wise) cause looks are great for my taste
HP doesnt = speed
But the 309ft/lbs of torque makes for a pretty quick little car.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts