Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

601 - 620 of 1827 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
damn makana could you have quoted anymore?lol thats crazy I will be going on sunday for sure I am not to sure about saturday but I might as well.
And even though we will not parked next to each other we can still talk during and afterwards, I do like petes idea about those beers !!!!!!!!!

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #602
Sounds you need a couple their Dave. I didn't even seen the post that you got fired! I'm sorry to hear that. You can have a few drinks on me for that one... Hope things get a lot better.

·
Registered
617 Posts
hahaha thank you nate. I am sure that they will get better, but thats what happens when you do construction for a living ...sometimes you get to expensive and I was working for a really small company , but its all good buddy I am sure that the planets will align and get me the hook up lol

·
Registered
617 Posts
so life is crazy , I went on an interview yesterday and the guy just called me back now and is going to offer me a job and raises at 30 and 90 days:ndance:

but I cant start until the 20th , but whatever it's all good I am not so pissed anymore

·
I'm from Poland.
1,055 Posts
I have to plant trees friday and saturday, but should be able to make it out saturday and sunday. We should all just meet at the super target just past weaver lake.
the link i posted in my last post is about a mile away from that Target. its right off the freeway. :)

sunday at 10:30! do not be late, or we will leave without you!

·
I'm from Poland.
1,055 Posts
i have to work at the shop tonight, so i might come out. depending on how many huge fuckin truck tires i have to do (my back isnt what it used to be haha).

and of course i will leave no one behind... as long as no one is late ;)

·
Lower & Slower
272 Posts
the link i posted in my last post is about a mile away from that Target. its right off the freeway. :)

My bad, Are we aloud to bring a cooler full of refreshment since its on school grounds?

And on the MPG, If i'm easy on the gas most the time with a tank of gas I can usually average just over 30 mpg. I don't do always do that but i'd be fine w/ anything in the twenties( it'd be worth it)

·
Registered
360 Posts
damn makana could you have quoted anymore?lol thats crazy!!!!!!!!!

well i had alot to answer to man......:lol:

My bad, Are we aloud to bring a cooler full of refreshment since its on school grounds?

And on the MPG, If i'm easy on the gas most the time with a tank of gas I can usually average just over 30 mpg. I don't do always do that but i'd be fine w/ anything in the twenties( it'd be worth it)

That just shows my age........id rather have good MPG than a nice ride......lol. But i guess if i was 21 with no kids id feel the same as you......its all good man.....do whatever you need to do. Just keep in mind......the money you spend a month on a new car could go into your existin motor and at the end you'll have a car that will DESTROY those 350Z and GTO's

·
Registered
361 Posts

Pete, there is a Holiday gas station right there. That is a good place to meet and you can easily see it when you are exiting the freeway. The Target store off the 95th ave area has moved. Its east of I-94 about a mile down.

As far as beer at the Cookout. I don't expressely forbid it, but please be very discrete about it and please be on your best behavior.

later,
Curt

·
Lower & Slower
272 Posts
Yea but I really want to go RWD and Manual.

And even w/ the turbo setup i'd maybe make 230 to the wheels and the Z has 300 at the crank so probally 240-250 at the wheels. It just an idea as of now though.

·
Lower & Slower
272 Posts
Pete, there is a Holiday gas station right there. That is a good place to meet and you can easily see it when you are exiting the freeway. The Target store off the 95th ave area has moved. Its east of I-94 about a mile down.

As far as beer at the Cookout. I don't expressely forbid it, but please be very discrete about it and please be on your best behavior.

later,
Curt
Deal.

·
I'm from Poland.
1,055 Posts
haha the gas station, right across from it in the menards lot, is where we met last year. the target i was talking about is the same one you are. its east near the new home depot. i live about a 1/2 mile from the new target. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yea but I really want to go RWD and Manual.

And even w/ the turbo setup i'd maybe make 230 to the wheels and the Z has 300 at the crank so probally 240-250 at the wheels. It just an idea as of now though.

Your right....with just a turbo you will get about the same at the wheels as a 350Z....a little less....But.....the Z is 400lbs heavier.....not much more you can do to a Z without sacrificing street legality. If thats a damn word....lol......If you go head swap, tranny rebuild, performance clutch....your running down EVO's. its alot of money....but....think of the money youll spend on car payments, insurance, and gas on the Z......thats money you can put into your existing ride.....thats all im saying.....dont get me wrong.....if you can afford it, go for it.....one day ill move on to another vehicle too......but we also live in minnesota and my stratus has fair way better in the snow than a 350Z can. plus....alot of people own and fix up Z's.....not alot of people fix up stratus for power.....mostly show. I like being different.........and who knows......maybe i might get crazy and just swap out a damn EVO motor and fuck everyone up.....lol

·
Lower & Slower
272 Posts
Your right....with just a turbo you will get about the same at the wheels as a 350Z....a little less....But.....the Z is 400lbs heavier.....not much more you can do to a Z without sacrificing street legality. If thats a damn word....lol......If you go head swap, tranny rebuild, performance clutch....your running down EVO's. its alot of money....but....think of the money youll spend on car payments, insurance, and gas on the Z......thats money you can put into your existing ride.....thats all im saying.....dont get me wrong.....if you can afford it, go for it.....one day ill move on to another vehicle too......but we also live in minnesota and my stratus has fair way better in the snow than a 350Z can. plus....alot of people own and fix up Z's.....not alot of people fix up stratus for power.....mostly show. I like being different.........and who knows......maybe i might get crazy and just swap out a damn EVO motor and fuck everyone up.....lol
The only thing will building an engine though is the down time, Plus the reliability of a custom turbo setup is questionable, ecspecially up until you work out most the kinks. Plus I'll be running 17 or so pounds of boost into an engine w/ alomost 100k on it. Plus the overall setup on something like a Z just flows well together.

As for RWD, I drive around a RWD ram 1500 all winter w/ no sandbags and blad all seasons and have yet to get stuck. but AWD would be nice.

The only reason I haven't got something new yet is because I almost have my car paid off and my tranny will probally need some work soon(I can't sell a lemon, f-ing ethics). I love my cars looks but shes getting old and shes no Olympian.(Current event humor, Oh yea!)

I;ve also been looking at those MAZDASPEED6's AWD and not bad on power, a subaru wouldn't be out of question either.

Will see. . .

·
Registered
617 Posts
I would not get a subaru if you like the steering in your ride now, which I am sure is the same as mine... in a previous post I had mentioned that I had gone out for a drive in a 07 sti and I have to say that I was REALLY unimpressed with the way that the steering was. It almost felt like it took half a second to respond, the turbo and power were cool but I cant drive a car with steering lag like that, and I know that those are supposed to be driving hard and I know that it is something that you would get used to but for me I would put a kibash on the car just because of that
and have you thought about going with an evo? about the same money and you still get to hang with us:twothumb:

·
Xenon Powered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #617
Let me know what you guys think I got all my pics back from the shoot, I have about 20 more I haven't posted i liked these the best though.

Nates Shoot!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
damn nate those look really nice ... I especially like the one of you turning in the ramp and the one on top of the ramp, and that was at like 6 in the morning right ?? eother way looks top notch

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok gents I need help, I need to sell my car fast! If theres anyone you know that might be interested PM here, unless you have my cell. I'm starting at 10k or b/o. It’s an 01 r/t 58k mi. I have probably put close to 5,000 in modifications into it. It’s been extremely well kept, and has not seen snow/salt for the last 3 years(time I had it) very clean underneath. I will be putting together something for Craig’s list with pictures and full information. Thanks everyone.

I almost forgot: I also have a 94 ford Explorer. Strong runner, only 84k mi. I'm starting at 2,000 or b/o. Would make a good winter car (like I used it for) or off roading rig.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey guys... Just letting you know that I am alive!!! I will be coming out for HIN in Sept. but wont be able to make it for the All Mitsu cookout on Sun. I might be able to make it that Sat though. I WILL BE OUT THERE THIS WEEKEND!!! It is my B-Day on Sun so we were going to go to Valley Fair on Sat. or Sun. if anybody else wanted to go. Hit me up!!!

601 - 620 of 1827 Posts