Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend Studio Monitor headphones for me? I am living in an apartment now, and I need a good pair to plug into my guitar amp so I don't wake up the surrounding apartments. My Shure E2C's are great for my Ipod but not so much for guitar sounds :lol:

I'd like to stay under 100$, the cheaper the better

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Those are actually pretty descent. I use those when I record in my buddies home studio. Pretty crisp sound. The only think I don't like about them is they're "on ear" rather than "over ear", but for the price the quality can't be beat.
Some people prefer on ear, rather than over the ear, as the 'open' headphone actually provides a different sound space than an over the ear. It all comes down to preference.

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the SR-60's worse? Those are pretty cheap on Ebay :)

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
I wouldn't say worse, as they're both good. I think you'd like the SR-60's also. Guitars don't have super extreme range, so I don't think you have to worry about it. However, you might just like the phones for general listening, as they're damn nice, and will likely sound better than your Shures. The shures are fantastic, but in ear phones can't reproduce the airiness of a location like an over ear headphone.

·
21,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't say worse, as they're both good. I think you'd like the SR-60's also. Guitars don't have super extreme range, so I don't think you have to worry about it. However, you might just like the phones for general listening, as they're damn nice, and will likely sound better than your Shures. The shures are fantastic, but in ear phones can't reproduce the airiness of a location like an over ear headphone.
Sweet! Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts