Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Huh ?
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my MB decided to crap out on me over the weekend. I've been using a Asus P5N-SLI nForce 570 since Oct '06. I booted the PC up this weekend and my KB/mouse wouldnt respond at all. Since i'm using the G15, the LCD panel usually lights up when i'm still in the bios mode. But nada. Nothing. The light on my mouse cradle (G7) blinks for power, but the mouse wouldn't work. Tried the mouse/kb on my laptop and both work. So i went to bestbuy and picked up a PCI USB 2.0 card, and bam the kb/mouse work. But only in windows. Which means that if I ever need to make changes in the bios, i'm screwed. Since its just over a year, anyone have any experience with Asus and repairs/returns? I'm going to call them after the holidays to see what they can do. Or else i'm going to need a new MB :(

·
"I dunno" guy
2,555 Posts
Call them up and ask for advanced RMA. They put a charge on your CC and ship out the replacement mobo immediately. Once you ship the broken one back they clear the charge. Even comes with a prepaid return shipping IIRC. Their mobo have 3 years of warranty, but on my A8N, they still sent me replacement fans after the warranty has long expired. Asus :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I recently RMA'd a Gigabyte and the S/N was on the box (a sticker on the outside) that it came in. Might check there if you still have it.

I don't normally keep boxes for stuff like that, but I just happened to come across mine in the attic.

·
Huh ?
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for telling me where to look for the sr no. Saved me a lot of work :D

They have X-shipped a MB under RMA. so should be here this week, and then I can test out the stuff :woot:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts