Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I’m new here and was hoping I could get some help on this current issue I have with my eclipse gts. So once the car fully warms up the motor usually makes a slight rattling sound by the passenger side, well i’m assuming its related to the motor at least. I’ve attached a video and if you guys think you know what it means feel free to help, anything is useful, thanks again!
Here is the link to my post on r/mitsubishieclipse
https://www.reddit.com/r/MitsubishiEclipse/comments/pji4ce

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's hard to tell from that video. Open the hood and see if you can figure out where the sound is coming from. Common ticking/clicking/tapping sounds include "lifter tick" (not a problem), and the normal "clicking" sound of the evap purge solenoid (not a problem). You can feel the evap purge solenoid clicking if you touch it, and you can unplug the solenoid while the engine is running to verify the clicking goes away. Your valves will also make clacking noises if you're low on oil (problem).

If you're sure the noise doesn't speed up when you increase rpm, then my money is on the evap purge solenoid.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,055 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. HD sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
36 Posts
I know I have an issue like that with mine. It is the bearing on the alternator belt idler going bad. I need to change it. I have the part. Just need to get around to it. Right side access underneath. ...J.D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts