Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a streetglow optx neon kit and its a little trickier than I thought. Anybody have an Idea of exactly where to mount them on the bottom and where to drill the holes. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
:agreed:

I used to have a StreetGlow BlueLine Series red underbody kit, and I got rid of them not too soon after installing them. I ended up using the switch for two red neons that I put under the dashboard.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My advice.. sell the neons and do another mod that is much less tacky.
+ another :agreed:

To be honest, I think the only car I've ever seen that looked halfway decent with neons underneath is this Mustang that the Charleston Police Dept has...it's running a blue underbody kit, which goes well with the police theme I guess. The first time I saw it, I was like WTF?!...I know they're illegal in some states, so I was pretty shocked to see a cop car driving around with them on...figures though, I was pulled over by that cop on the way to pick up my parents on the way to my wedding back in January...Officer Forrest...he even had a front license plate from Bubba Gump's that said "Run Forrest Run"...I guess the cops get to have a little more fun around here than other places...:lol:

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
To be honest, I think the only car I've ever seen that looked halfway decent with neons underneath is this Mustang that the Charleston Police Dept has...it's running a blue underbody kit, which goes well with the police theme I guess. The first time I saw it, I was like WTF?!...I know they're illegal in some states, so I was pretty shocked to see a cop car driving around with them on...figures though, I was pulled over by that cop on the way to pick up my parents on the way to my wedding back in January...Officer Forrest...he even had a front license plate from Bubba Gump's that said "Run Forrest Run"...I guess the cops get to have a little more fun around here than other places...:lol:
blue is illegal here (cops have blue lights), and flashing red is illegal here as well (fire dept/EMS).

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
blue is illegal here (cops have blue lights), and flashing red is illegal here as well (fire dept/EMS).
Well, it was an actual black & white cop car so I guess he'd be okay up there too...:bigthumb:

I was just surprised since this is the first state I've lived in where I've seen people driving around with them on...some states it's illegal no matter what the color is to have them on while driving...I also had never seen a cop car with any signs of personalization, to that degree at least...:dunno:

G

·
i got pulled over by the cops when i had my green underglow + about 10 interior green neons...they pulled me over and the guy says: "first tell me how easy it is to put these on, and second, please turn them off on public roads. have a nice night" - "oh and fix that exhaust"

haha thought i'd share

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Not sure what happened to your thread dude. Here's some advice for what you want to do. If you like them, keep them, if you outgrow them, well you outgrow them.

You want to mount them so you can't see the tubes from a distance, everybody hates that. If you look under the sides of the car there's a small lip probably a few inches behind the side skirt. Mount them a little bit inside there, towards the exhaust on both sides. The kit should have come with those little plastic hooks that you screw together to hold the tubes to the car. Use self tapping sheet metal screws and just drill em in. Once you have the tubes mounted on the sides do the same with the front and the rear. You can use zip-ties on these sections, there's a lot of shit you can tie them too. Then just wire everything. At least crimp shit if you aren't soldering and make sure you tape everything up nice and tight. You don't want these things flickering.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
Not sure what happened to your thread dude. Here's some advice for what you want to do. If you like them, keep them, if you outgrow them, well you outgrow them.

You want to mount them so you can't see the tubes from a distance, everybody hates that. If you look under the sides of the car there's a small lip probably a few inches behind the side skirt. Mount them a little bit inside there, towards the exhaust on both sides. The kit should have come with those little plastic hooks that you screw together to hold the tubes to the car. Use self tapping sheet metal screws and just drill em in. Once you have the tubes mounted on the sides do the same with the front and the rear. You can use zip-ties on these sections, there's a lot of shit you can tie them too. Then just wire everything. At least crimp shit if you aren't soldering and make sure you tape everything up nice and tight. You don't want these things flickering.

Good luck
Having neons myself, i can say not to use the plastic hooks. They brake very easy!!! Also speed bumps are a bitch for me right now. My left side tube is broke, and my right side tube has the guts hanging out of it. I personaly like them. Many on here hate them. As for using them, i only use them when i am parked, at a show, and taking night pics. I did just what wP1ayawX said, i mounted them behind the lip of the side skirt, it looks clean and you wont see it. if you need pics there are a few on my page, and if you need more just PM me. Also by the way i have a new set sitting at home waiting for summer to come!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Having neons myself, i can say not to use the plastic hooks. They brake very easy!!! Also speed bumps are a bitch for me right now. My left side tube is broke, and my right side tube has the guts hanging out of it. I personaly like them. Many on here hate them. As for using them, i only use them when i am parked, at a show, and taking night pics. I did just what wP1ayawX said, i mounted them behind the lip of the side skirt, it looks clean and you wont see it. if you need pics there are a few on my page, and if you need more just PM me. Also by the way i have a new set sitting at home waiting for summer to come!
I hope my earlier comments weren't taken the wrong way...I don't hate neons at all...I just haven't seen too many people mount them to where they look good...if they're done nice and flow with the car then they could look rather nice I suppose, but most people just don't take the time to do it right...:bigthumb:

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
As you go along you'll start to realize that all these mods are the same. 90% of the time you have to fabricate some way to get them on the car and the other 10% they don't fit...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts