Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

381 - 400 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Been months since I posted so a couple quick updates. I invested in some FIC 1650 injectors since the PTE 1200's were close to being maxed. I also picked up a Walbro 525 to replace the Walbro 450. All fuel related issues I was having have been resolved :yesway:

I pulled the trans this weekend to make a few upgrades and refresh it. I threw in all new clutch packs and raised the pressure for the 2nd brake which will stop the slipping in 2nd and 4th gear. I'm swapping the 4.31 final drive in place of the 3.72 final drive for a lot more off-the-line power and to reduce load on the trans.

Stay tuned

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
I was able to fix all delayed shifts and I'm amazed with how well it's holding up. My only issue is the OD drive gear not holding up under full boost. Going back to the original softer accumulator spring should help with a lot of the stress it's seeing. I also made modifications to the trans cooler setup for better cooling.

When the OD drive gear broke I lost 3rd and 4th. The second picture is what I just removed. You can see the splines are twisted and it was close to breaking again. I won't be pushing as hard in 4th anymore!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Some dyno time is set for the 30th and most likely the last track event of the year on the 20th. It's now or never if I'm going to break some records

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
My local track moved bracket racing in place of the "Sunday Fun Day" so there was no attendable track event. If the weather holds out I may have the chance to run next weekend. I'm not holding my breath though :rant2:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
I purged the original post of the dead Photobucket pictures in case anyone is wondering where everything went.

It's been a while since I gave an update. I'm making several large changes to the car with the hopes of curing the overheating issue in high boost and to just plain make more power! :ndance: My goal of 1000whp may finally come to fruition this year. Here is my current to-do list that I'll be crossing off as they're completed:

- AEM oil pressure and coolant temp gauges
- Stratus RT brushed nickel center console
- New Mivec heads w/ mild port and polish
- Head lift fix
- Mivec regrind cams
- Fidanza adjustable cam gears
- New hydraulic lifters
- Adding reliefs to pistons
- Rebuilding trans with Raybestos stage 1 friction discs

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
Pretty amazing you're doing all of that on the stock(ish) ECU hardware.
Yeah it just works!

Didn't know Delta cams still offer regrinds for the 75M. Thought about adding another coolant heat extractor in the rear?
I called Delta in November and they didn't want to touch the Mivec cams which is odd cause they posted on Facebook in August showing a set they had just completed and a friend said he always has his Mivec cams done through them.

I ended up finding Web Cams and they were willing to do it. Even better they aren't just regrinding, they're hot welding the cams. That means they're not taking the base circle down to grind some aggressive specs. I went with "masters" they already had on file that give a huge bump in lift and duration throughout the lobe. They worked with me to come up with a lopey, torquey bottom end profile to get off the line and then when the Mivec lobe engages a long-winded, rev-happy top end. I'll of course have pictures when they're back to me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Here's the Stratus RT brushed nickel center console, brushed nickel door panels, and black shifter bezel installed. The console has 2 power plugs up front (but none under the armrest so I added it back) which let's me keep my radar detector and laptop/USB charger always plugged in and still have an extra plug.

I noticed the 04-05 RT and Sebring have deeper/wider cup holders that I'd also like to swap in. Just making subtle interior and exterior changes this year!

381 - 400 of 429 Posts