Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
54,348 Posts
Because that doesn't exist for any of the 6G7x engines, especially with a 1mm overbore like I have. Also you don't want something that cuts into the already thin/weak head deck.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
All the orings are installed and I'm happy with how they came out!

I cleaned all the pistons and was about to install the heads when I noticed my cyl 6 piston was leaning towards the drivers side. I pulled the piston/rod and found that there was a slight bend about an inch below the wrist pin.

Since I found the bent rod I thought it best to pull all the cylinders and inspect for more damage. It looks like some debris made it's way through the engine and deposited in the bearings. Luckily the crank journals still look good.

There was some deep scoring on a couple piston skirts. Glad I'm catching all of this now before it decided to install a new bay window in the block :ROFLMAO: the new rod and bearings was under $250 and no need to rebalance. I'm very fortunate. The new parts will be here next week and I can finish the block.

While the engine is on "vacation" I'll likely pull the trans and install the new "stage 1" clutch packs. I'm having 2 wisdom teeth removed later today so I'm hoping that doesn't hinder my plans. Stay tuned

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Damn bro!! Glad u noticed it sooner rather than later!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #487
Damn bro!! Glad u noticed it sooner rather than later!!!
Yeah it could have ended much worse. Especially how hard I push my car.

Now that's some attention to detail there, nice catch.
Thanks I'm glad I decided to clean the pistons or I would have never noticed the slight lean.

Well that's a flat-top piston if I've ever seen one. Lol!
Yup lol it's a cloned 75 non-mivec piston with the small raised circle in the middle removed.

So how did the rod get bent that direction?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
That's a question I probably won't be able to answer. Seeing as it was only that cylinder it most likely wasn't too much boost. I'm hoping I can turn it down this year and still make more power

481 - 487 of 487 Posts