Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I decided to start a thread that I'm going to continually add to as I mod further. I got the car 2 weeks ago so don't expect too much too soon. Check it out...

Stock:

You can see right through the untinted windows :(

After Tint:

With LEDs on:

New Turns and Headlights w/ HID

Hooked up the halos.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
Clean 3G. What are your plans for it?

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna try to add a two-tone theme to it. Smoked tails, smoked turns, maybe a black spoiler. Same type not like a ricer, but just diff color. I like the black on white. Interior I'm hoping to change the audio but not much because of expenses. Otherwise, I'm just kinda looking for mods to do that I would like.

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not so sure I want rims. Seems like a lot of work to keep em looking nice, such as potholes and cleaning them or whatever. I'm thinking about painting my stocks black, with a few coats/sandind/and gloss. Although, my next mod will be done in at least two weeks (depends on shipping) I'm going to put 2 green LED tubes in the grille area for a better exterior show look.

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
Not so sure I want rims. Seems like a lot of work to keep em looking nice, such as potholes and cleaning them or whatever.look.
You should be taking care of your stock wheels just as well as you would aftermarket ones if you want your car to look clean.

I'm going to put 2 green LED tubes in the grille area for a better exterior show look.
I can see this car taking a drastic turn in the wrong direction. Try to keep the install looking clean if you do decide to do this. I personally would not do it but to each his own.

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I understand it's real easy to turn ricer quickly, but to me anyway I think ricer is also how one feels about their mods in that way. Like a ricer might try to boast about their boeing fin lol but for me the only time I would turn on the grille lights would be for ignorant people who just like cars with lights :nuts:

As for the stock rims, I do take care of them, but not to the extent that I'm scared of losing a big investment. Plus, I'm still young so people my age are more into flashing lights then rims. It's a pity, but it's true.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
These are the last ones don't worry.
If your going to stay with the LEDs Id keep them on the inside and wouldnt put anything on the exterior. Seeing a car driving at night with green lights on the outside just screams ricer. If I was you I would drop it to make your stock wheels look bigger since you dont want to go aftermarket. Then paint them black and polish the lip.

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking about dropping it, but the height is almost a problem around where I live already. As for the LEDs, I don't plan to have exterior lights on while I'm driving, like I said, just for show. Plus since the friend I roll with most has underglow (and I don't want underglow) then I can compete a bit.

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To those of you who might actually like my green lights.... just a little update, I put in my grille lights recently. Unfortunately the place I got my interior from doesnt sell sets of 2 or even this size, so I bought hyper LEDs, meaning they arent wide angle, so there are just big hot spots. I still love it tho. Oh, and in the pics is my friend's '02 C320.

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hooked up the halos finally. Sorry about the crappy cell pics but its the best I can do at the moment.

·
Engineer Bassist
3,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I've been told people don't notice my pics are up top. When I add new ones I'll just post from now on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts