Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,343 Posts
I had to replace my dash because of cracking in an 01 Spyder . There are a few things you can do to prevent cracking .. Do not use Armor all ... it contains silicone and will seal the material and that drys it out and will crack sooner than later .Do not spray Windex on the windshield inside.. the chemicals fall on your dash and this also causes cracking.. Spray your window cleaner on the rag and clean it that way.. I recommend 303 Protectant ..
303 Aerospace Protectant for Plastic, Vinyl, Rubber, 32 oz-Ultimate UV Protection - Keeps Vinyl,Rubber, & Plastic Looking Newer, Longer-Prevents Fading And Cracking-Restores Color And Luster (30313) - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
You fellows with convertibles will like there fabric guard.. Just paint it on like you are painting your top .. when it dry`s the water will bead up and run off easy . I do this even when installing a new top.. After time our tops start to leak even with no rips.. If your cloth top is leaking this is the product to use..
303 Fabric Guard, Water Repellent, Safe for all Patio Furniture Fabrics, 16 fl oz - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
Lastely you could put one of those sun screens in your windshield to block the sun... or park in the shade ...
Cloth top demo... I do it the same way this fellow does... just paint it on...

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,343 Posts
My 2001 did not come with a cabin filter… I had to cut the plastic rectangle away. I order a filter that came with a plastic frame and filter with two screws and the job went easy...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts