Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys here it is. My work in progress. It's been a rough two years so far. Anyways been a member for almost two years so I finally decided to get off my ass and upload some pics of my baby.
2001 pearle white GT sporty
AEM V2 CAI
17" rims(brain loss on what style if anyone knows pls let me know)
Magnaflow catless back
Megan Racing Headers
clear taillights
everything but headers and CAI came with car
Will be putting headers and CAI when I return stateside from Iraq
Im thinkin about a two-tone white bottom and black top paint job please let me know opinions
All of these pictures are right after my brother washed and waxed

also thinkin about gettin a dual exhaust setup like this(this is a photoshop pic)

future mods-
Street Shine (or some other one that catches my eye) bodykit
carbon fiber wing of some sort
clear corners
projector headlights
two-tone paint
lowering springs
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL OPINIONS:wavey:

·
Registered
38 Posts
looks good, Here are the three opinions everyone will give you, I can garauntee it:

1. Drop it! new rims are sick, but it needs at least an inch drop to bring out their beauty.

2. NO dual exhaust, although its fast and furious...its too fast and furious=ricy

3. Switch out the chrome tails, and black out front vents+lights, it flows better.

Have fun, these cars can look GOOD

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
It looks pretty dirty. I like it except for the tails and plz dont do the dual exhaust. I always love a white 3g, keep it up!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks good so far. I would def. lower it. And it may just be my tastes but I think it would look better with the black on the bottom and the white on the top. But, either way I hope you dont just do a straight line between the colors.
Have some fun with it, and keep it up.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
I see lowering it is in your future plans so thats good. Other than the 4x4 look and the chrome tail lights...looks good

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thanks for the comments so far. I do plan om lowering shortly, I got alot of other things goin on. I would like to keep the white on the bottom, because wouldnt I have to repaint the engine bay to make it look nice? Well guys I appreciate all comments will update some more pics when I get stateside:wavey:

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
It doesn't look to bad so far. Definitely get it lowered to avoid the 4 x 4 look. I would like the wheels more if they had a chrome lip on them or something. Grab some black tails to replace the chrome as well. You're on the right track.

·
Registered
61 Posts
dual exhaust is pointless.. but also rather than a cf wing, go with a cf hood and just pull the wing entirely

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the opnions guys. Mojo thanks alot opinion of two-tone means alot your cars fuckin sic man. def goin to go for a two-tone of some sort. So no-one likes the look of the duals? i know it serves no performance gains but at least it would look apart from other 3g's. anyways thanks all:wavey::twothumb:

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
Not too bad. Needs a drop and maybe a nice kit. One thing. PLEASE do not get duals like those. They serve absolutely no purpose. And they just look ricey. And oh yeah. Get rid of the sticker on the front bumper.:)

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol i would love to get rid of that stupid sticker but unfortunatly if i did they would search my car everytime i tried to go on post. So why is everyone hatin on the duals i seen another gt in this forum that had them and everyone like it? y so different on mine?

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
I like it and don't have any advice that others haven't already said except to not forget to clean the wheel wells when you wash it. The dirt in there really stands out with the black wheels on there since the wheel wells are completely tan colored at this point.

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok guys right now im in iraq and my brothers been usin the car for work and all but i promise as soon as i get back I'll clean her up wash the wheel wells lol and post some better pics.

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK guys you all said that my car was dirty so I yelled at my brother LOL. He washed and waxed her and now i got some new pics for you.:twothumb:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Looking good so far! I also have a Dover White Eclipse and am planning on some sort of a two-tone...I don't want to just go with a straight white & black look though...I want to throw some color in with it as well. You'll love the way those wheels look once it's lowered, and I think you'd be happier with black tails (I'll be starting a thread on mine as soon as it's out of the body shop). Personally, I'm not a fan of the whole painting the little parts of the interior different colors, but to each their own.

Oh, and fortunately they got rid of the requirement to have the DoD stickers on your car here at CAFB...:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts