Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there. Just bought an '02 Eclipse GS. It's pretty much all stock right now. Plannin to just drive it through the winter, making the minor mods (lights, subs) to it. once i get to spring, I'll probly start on the larger (and more expensive) projects. lol.

Mod's done

Two 12" Subs, Amp

Black TYC Tail Lights

Mod's to be done

Halo Projector Lights (Any suggestions as far as chrome or black, halo on hi's or lo's; particular brand?)

18" Rims not sure what style yet. will be black or gunmetal.

Interior improvements (fair rip in the driver's side seat cloth)

Performance Exhaust (again, suggestions/opinions at all?)

Cold Air Intake

And of course, drop it

Again, any suggestions as far as opinions/preference on what looks/works the best, would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the pics, sorry about the location, it's snowing up here in Minnesota.I know the pics arent the best due to the lighting, but I'll post some better ones once I get a good day to do it. And then of course more pics as I do stuff to the car.

Enjoy!

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rims

Thanks, true, I see what you're saying. Its so hard not having examples to compare between. But I definitely agree that gunmetal or black rims would look nicer. Chrome lip...? or no

·
¡pura vida!
843 Posts
nice love the color titanium pearl is my fave!!!! i agree with gtseclipse on the rims. idk about gettin rims with a chrome lip (i think only some cars can pull it off nicely) personally i wouldn't but it's up to your liking

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice love the color titanium pearl is my fave!!!! i agree with gtseclipse on the rims. idk about gettin rims with a chrome lip (i think only some cars can pull it off nicely) personally i wouldn't but it's up to your liking

yea, thanks. that's the reason i bought the car, you don't seem to see too many titanium colored eclipses driving around. and hopefully when i'm done with it, it'll be one tight, rare-colored car. haha.

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
Needs a drop and some wheels (not chrome). Other than that it is clean looking.:bigthumb:

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Needs a drop and some wheels (not chrome). Other than that it is clean looking.:bigthumb:
yep, the drop is definitely gonna be happening once the rims get on there this spring.

thanks for the clean comment too, haha. you should've seen how dirty this thing was when i bought it. dirt road where they lived. hardly ever washed it there. it took me a 9 dollar touchless car wash and 2 hours of hand washing in the driveway to finally get it clean. then of course waxed it, and cleaned the inside. there's already a fair share of elbow grease put into it. its amazing to see how much of a difference a little cleanin can make. it looked like shit before. (in perspective of course, i mean come on its an eclipse.) thanks again :)

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Here's a good shot at one of my few favorite Titanium Pearls to give you some sense of direction on what simple mods can be done to make a big difference. :)

Oh.. the hood I sell for $539+shipping in case anyone asks.

This is with NO bodykit.

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a good shot at one of my few favorite Titanium Pearls to give you some sense of direction on what simple mods can be done to make a big difference. :)

This is with NO bodykit.
Wow that looks nice, are those gunmetal?? i can't tell by the shine. i think so. definitely looks nice tho.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
good deal, preciate it. that's lookin like the perfect drop too, i'm likin that.
He used Tein coilovers. His drop is pretty close to what I have, and the same height can be achieved with any true coilover set (or airbags if thats your thing).

Coilovers range from $800-$1500 for a full set depending on brand.

·
The No.1 Hoe, Mr.Joe
128 Posts

This is with NO bodykit.

u sell them in carbon fiber?...

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE

So here's the first item I'm planning to put on the car. After this, Black projectors. I'm thinking stay with the darker flow would look better than chrome.

·
Registered
220 Posts
the black Tycs are a good choice, had em over a year no problems, would be a good start for your car.

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good deal. you dont by chance (or anyone else) have dual halo projector head lights, do you? i've heard mixed things about them. only thing i'm worried about is that ppl say they've been known to cause shorts. any truth to that, or should i be fine buying dual halos?

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just an update. Ordering Black TYC's tomorrow soon as i get back into state. Post pics up when I get em installed. which is hopefully soon.

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
went on a mini-spending spree and bought $300 amp/sub kit from Best Buy. i kno i kno, nothin special. but the subs are 12"s and they seem to hit pretty good. so its just a kind of starter thing i got goin. it'll do for now. probably update it next summer. Gotta build a box for it still, so i'll post pics up when its done. along with the taillights, which i should hopefully recieve sometime soon.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts