Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So, I got mt battery tray reinstalled and soaked all the bolts I can see for the motor mounts and tranny bellhousing for anticipation of my soon engine install when I noticed the fender liner on the backside of my transmission is missing or maybe never existed. My gripe is i can see the backside of my wheel from the top of the engine bay. Is this normal for 3Gs?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I just installed mine..
The flat end should be on top when you mate them together.. you will definitely see the huge different.. the shifting is more precise.. best $10 upgrade..
Drove my car just around my buddies shop yard and I can already tell a difference in the shifting. I am convinced my shifting problem was the bushings all along

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you have time, change the clutch fluid and you will feel how much better the transmission is...(y)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If you have time, change the clutch fluid and you will feel how much better the transmission is...(y)
Funny you mention, I bought a new sla e cylinder and hydraulic line when I do my engine. The old look really bad the rubber around the push rod is just before splitting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you change them out? Change them and you will feel the different.

·
Low and Slow.
1,719 Posts
So, I got mt battery tray reinstalled and soaked all the bolts I can see for the motor mounts and tranny bellhousing for anticipation of my soon engine install when I noticed the fender liner on the backside of my transmission is missing or maybe never existed. My gripe is i can see the backside of my wheel from the top of the engine bay. Is this normal for 3Gs?
My transmission liner was missing when I got my car. Two bolts hold to the frame of the car at the top, and push button clips secure it to the main fender liner. I believe they are all the same between 4cyl/ 6cyl and auto/ manual transmissions. Local junkyard had it for cheap.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
My transmission liner was missing when I got my car. Two bolts hold to the frame of the car at the top, and push button clips secure it to the main fender liner. I believe they are all the same between 4cyl/ 6cyl and auto/ manual transmissions. Local junkyard had it for cheap.
That sounds like what I am missing. It looks like road debris could easily be kicked up into the engine bay. If I get time this weekend, I have a pull a part near me that has a few 3Gs. I am assuming Stratus/Sebring would be the same? Maybe Galant

·
Low and Slow.
1,719 Posts
That sounds like what I am missing. It looks like road debris could easily be kicked up into the engine bay. If I get time this weekend, I have a pull a part near me that has a few 3Gs. I am assuming Stratus/Sebring would be the same? Maybe Galant
Im not 100% sure about the Galant, but I pulled one from an Eclipse for my Stratus coupe and it was a perfect fit.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts