Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Curious to what clutch are you going with? I currently have an action clutch 1ms with Fidanza flywheel and honestly it's been a great combo for daily. not too harsh and has alot of bite
Im going to go with a competition stage 2 or 3, on there web site its listed $450 for stage 2, $467 for stage 3. So if i can find it cheaper i will be looking.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What kind of dyno #s are you shooting for?

Nothing to big yet, the motor will be untouched, just some supporting mods. So anything close to 260whp will be fine with me. Once i move to va ill be lookking at more motor work.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just an update. Im collecting parts. And waiting for the day to swap. Still have to go with my 74 TB or maybe pick up an s90. Still need to mod the intake some. The value covers are going powder coated. Got the clutch ordered,thinking i might pick up a light flyweight. Got everything for the LSD swap.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Hope you can get your money back. Nothing from the other motors cross over, the mivec 75 uses unique valves and guides currently only available through the dealer making it about as expensive to repair as a new motor. I know this because I repaired a set this winter and the only way to justify it was getting a good deal on a donor head and a hookup on the machinework.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hope you can get your money back. Nothing from the other motors cross over, the mivec 75 uses unique valves and guides currently only available through the dealer making it about as expensive to repair as a new motor. I know this because I repaired a set this winter and the only way to justify it was getting a good deal on a donor head and a hookup on the machinework.
Yeah i called them today before I actually knew for sure it was dead in water and told them, ill be calling tomorrow and demanding my money back, yeah i have a shop that can do the work. So lets hope its not a very costly thing. Just sucks, the motor looked sound but once i ran into the timing problem it was a work stoppage...guess the only good out come is i wanted to do the maintenance while the motor was out or it would have been a bigger problem later down the road. Ill be asking the 4g guys what internal upgrades they go woth if there are any. Take this time and get the motor work on some.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Kept the motor, going to the shop today, or well brandon and i i going to the shop to tear it apart, mike (the shop owner) found everything from his parts guy, looking at upgrading the pistons to wiseco.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well on the right track. Got the heads tore all the way down along with the block, hot tanked it. And got it read for dallas to rebuild, port and polish.

Before and after cleaning of the heads

And the valves that where bent.

Cant wait. Most likely bumping the CR to 11:1 with the new pistons and set up. So now hope to see around 300.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
How much did the valve guides cost you? I ask because I picked up a set of mivec heads with several valves and valve guides broken.

·
BHM - Owner
537 Posts
Well on the right track. Got the heads tore all the way down along with the block, hot tanked it. And got it read for dallas to rebuild, port and polish.

Before and after cleaning of the heads

And the valves that where bent.

Cant wait. Most likely bumping the CR to 11:1 with the new pistons and set up. So now hope to see around 300.
Even with stock pistons/compression and the right configuration 300 WHP is very realistic on the MIVEC setup. Increasing the compression will certainly add to the power potential, but it will also place a higher demand on the rest of your setup to make even more efficient HP numbers. This thing will run nicely at the lower elevations as well :agreed:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Just going with stock CR it will benefit later on down the line.

Layed out some stuff this is half of what i have and 1/3 of what is to come lol

Build will be in collecting mode while waiting on Pistons (ordering this week)

Still need(or want):

72 parts. Distributor/starter/alternator

Nrk plugs and wires

An-6 fittings to run fuel lines

Oil cross over line for mivec

Timing belt kit: gates

ARP 3kgt vr4 main bolt studs

ACL rod/main bearings and thrust washers

Fidanza flywheel

Oil catch can

Evo 8 power steering rez

Yellow top optima

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Got my head light halos changed to color changing.

Ordered cometic head gaskets 96mm/.045"

Ordered bearings r/m/t.w

Ordered arp 4 bolt main studs

:) going to be ordering Pistons tomorrow. 95.5 going to bored .020 and 3.9 this bish :)

Merlin is off and on when it comes to emails so im going to get txtuning 3.8 amd run a window switch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

21 - 40 of 92 Posts