Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I had my 05 3G tinted like 3 weeks ago. It was done with 10% tint and everything looked awesome other than the back window which they said it just needed to dry. So its finally dried then I notice at the top of the back window are those damn little black dots and the tint just wont stick to them. So I took it today back to the shop and they said all they can do is either cut the top of the tint off and I personally think that would look stupid or they can cut a black vinyl and lay it over the tint.

So my question is what should I do. I've seen a few posts about this before and I guess I just need an updated opinion. I mean the 10% tint is completely black and you really cant see in the car at all unless ur face is on the glass so I'm guessing a black vinyl would look alright I'm just worried about being able to see through the vinyl when i use my rear view mirror. So does anyone else have the vinyl as the solution that could post some pics for me before I have this done?????

Second: Service Engine Soon light is on again. I had it checked and and it was nothing like it was on for no apparent reason. So my friend cleared it for me and now its on again. I'm trying to get him to come over and recheck it today I just dont know why the hell it keeps coming on.

·
342 Posts
This should be moved to the 3g section. I had black vinyl applied to the top of my window and it looks great. The vinyl does not come down far enough to block your vision. You need to know what the code is so you know what you need to correct to get rid of the light.

·
stupid booster
7,219 Posts
1. We need the check engine code. Figure out what it is and let us know

2. The tints will be fine. ITs just like when u tint a back window with the rear defrost lines on it. You will see the lines. Theres nothign u can do about it. BTW why 10%? 15-20 would have been plenty

·
Registered
38 Posts
wtf i had 5% on my car and i never had that problem with my rear hatch at all...maybe the 01 and 05 hatch windows are different....idkk...good luck tho

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Advanced Auto..... These are awsome, and they are free to use.

·
very nice, how much?
751 Posts
Ok so I had my 05 3G tinted like 3 weeks ago. It was done with 10% tint and everything looked awesome other than the back window which they said it just needed to dry. So its finally dried then I notice at the top of the back window are those damn little black dots and the tint just wont stick to them.
Those little black dots are called "dot-matrix" and yes most places are stupid about tinting over them, but if they have tinted it properly you should have no problem with the adhesive sticking.:wavey:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Those little black dots are called "dot-matrix" and yes most places are stupid about tinting over them, but if they have tinted it properly you should have no problem with the adhesive sticking.:wavey:
sort of on the same subject, but I have an inigrated radio antenna on my back windshield and I want to know if a. do you have this set up and if so, did it cause any interferance when you tinted it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts