Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all im new to this site. I have a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse gts 5 speed. About to pull the trigger on a 2004 6g74 engine with 71k to totally break down and build. Going to be boring out to 94mm, getting the heads p&p'd also going to be getting the block, crankshaft and other parts cryo treated. going to be going with 8:5.1 CR forged pistons while running the 72's crankshaft and heads. i have done alot of scouring throughout this site for the past couple months and i have a pretty good idea in the direction i want to go. but for those of you who have done this swap already i have a few questions. Is there anything that you wished you would have done differently? any other advice you can send my way? this is my first swap and engine build and i do plan on boosting. want to shoot for the 18-20psi range. will be custom fabricating my own turbo piping. this is going to cost alot i know but thats why it will be a project car. will be running the 72's injectors until i can get it tuned and everything. i have a pretty decent basic parts list setup so far. anything else i should consider?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Guessing you mean 8.5:1. I'm not the resident boost expert, but it seem's like you could push it a little higher. I think I've seen a few 6g74s with 8.9:1. Factory is 9:1, and there are people who built off that. Think a slightly higher compression ratio would do wonders for the torque, and should be still very reliable with a good tune.

Bigger injectors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
def plan on the bigger injectors but until i get it tuned im going to have to run the 72's injectors. also figure out why an obd2 cant establish a connection to my ecu..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts