Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bat:My eclipse gt was robbed on x-mas of this past yr. It went into a "preferred shop" for an accident in the begining of Dec & was there for almost 2 1/2 wks. waiting for the bumper. The shop left the car unarmed & BAM I get a call on the day after x-mas from the police. Nice....Most of it has already been replaced. Just got the car back the other day. Wish I knew who the [email protected]*holes were.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Sorry to hear about this :( Looks like it coud have been much worse though. My entire dash was cracked when my 3G was broken into. I take it the shop will be covering ALL expenses for the damages and losses? You didn't have to put the clam on your ownn insurance policy did you?

Which shop did this happen at? Others may want to avoid a place that is stupid enough to leave the cars unlocked (especially during holidays when the thieves know no one is working).

·
Registered
305 Posts
that sucks bro, very sorry to hear...i know the feeling my old car was broken into and my 2 12" l7's were taken as well as my 1200 watt amp and farad cap total was about a loss of $900...although i am much more into the performance aspect now and never replaced them, hopefully you find out who it was and get some vengance

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to see that baby look like that

Does the shop got video cam's or something like that. Find out what person done it an fire bomb there car. Cause I hate when people do thing like this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Body Shop didn't have any cameras, so that was out of the ?. But the shop did admit to not remembering locking the car before they left, so they were kinda screwed. This is part of what I've done so far w/ the money from the insurance company & the body shop. What ya think so far?

·
54,424 Posts
looks nice, make sure your alarm is set to self arm and lock the doors after an interval of time and HIDE that disarm switch in a hell of an odd spot, like tucked up under the back bumper cover or inside one of the access panels for the rear tail light bulbs.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Did you paint your fuel rail cover while still on the car? :noplease:

The carbonfiber is not that bad but I wouldve gotten it in black or in your case red to go with your theme

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Just curious.. whats the deal with the filter on the end of your WAI? Isn't that a bit... small?
Thats the air filter that comes with the SDS kit. Dont know why he has it on there but Im guessing he probably got it for cheap.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
haha good call hijacker. and i like what you've done with the trunk. With my subs i had to leave room, since its a daily driver and i occasionally have to put things there, ie golf clubs, backpacks, tools.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your car. It's ridiculous that the shop would not take more care to ensure that their customers' vehicles are locked.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts