Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,997 Posts
Nice. Gluk with the build. I recommend going overkill with the gauges. You are boosting an engine not designed for it. The more monitoring you have, the better you can troubleshoot issues before your engine goes poof. The ones I got are: Boost/Vac, AFR, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, EGT, and Oil Temp. The Oil Temp gauge is optional, but the others have been invaluable. I just can't say that enough.

I also use OBD2 monitoring for RPM, Absolute Throttle Pos, Engine Coolant Temp, Timing on Cylinder #1, and Engine Load. For all that I use BlueDriver OBD2 module and my iPhone. So good.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I appreciate the support and advice. I plan on getting more goodies as the time passes on. My SP stg 2 meth kit came with a digital boost/vac gauge. I am not tech savvy by any means, what is a blue drive ob2 module? I just tried searching for the answer but came up short. Is that software? I haven't purchased software yet?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'd recommend using AEM gauges (AFR, boost, oil pressure, etc) and staying away from cheaper brands like ProSport. After repeatedly replacing failed ProSport sensors I learned my lesson.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd recommend using AEM gauges (AFR, boost, oil pressure, etc) and staying away from cheaper brands like ProSport. After repeatedly replacing failed ProSport sensors I learned my lesson.
I completely agree, I would only use aem products as i trust them and have served me well in the past.

·
Registered
593 Posts
It looks like you're collecting parts for a non-mivec engine. Another recommendation is using a 3.8nm upper intake with an Evo 8 S90 throttle body. It's a much better flowing setup.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like you're collecting parts for a non-mivec engine. Another recommendation is using a 3.8nm upper intake with an Evo 8 S90 throttle body. It's a much better flowing setup.
I have the xg350 intake manifold which is 126mm. I will take your advice on the s90 throttlebody tho. Currently I have the 74 throttlebody installed.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have the xg350 intake manifold which is 126mm. I will take your advice on the s90 throttlebody tho. Currently I have the 74 throttlebody installed.
The 75nm intake flows better, weighs less, and makes more power. Also the S90 tb and 74 flange on the XG350 do not line up correctly. If you're not using a 75 intake then flange swapping isn't worth it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 75nm intake flows better, weighs less, and makes more power. Also the S90 tb and 74 flange on the XG350 do not line up correctly. If you're not using a 75 intake then flange swapping isn't worth it.
Thank you for the advice. Ill hit my dad's salvage yard and pickup the mani asap. Should I grab the lower mani portion too or just the upper

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thank you for the advice. Ill hit my dad's salvage yard and pickup the mani asap. Should I grab the lower mani portion too or just the upper
Only the upper needs to be swapped. The 75 lower has the fuel rail tabs angled differently and won't work. While you're there try to find an 02-06 tps sensor for that S90 tb. It rotates the opposite way because of cable location on the tb.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only the upper needs to be swapped. The 75 lower has the fuel rail tabs angled differently and won't work. While you're there try to find an 02-06 tps sensor for that S90 tb. It rotates the opposite way because of cable location on the tb.
We don't have any evos in our yard, but I did grab the 75nm up manifold. Too bad the 3.8nm had a snapped timing belt or i may have gotten the whole engine. Didn't want to risk pulling it just to have bent valves tho.

·
Registered
593 Posts
We don't have any evos in our yard, but I did grab the 75nm up manifold. Too bad the 3.8nm had a snapped timing belt or i may have gotten the whole engine. Didn't want to risk pulling it just to have bent valves tho.
Oops looks like I forgot to put Outlander after 02-06. They have the same tps sensor as the evo 8/9.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts