Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’m sad to say I think I bought a dud, I bought my eclipse from a dealer I met at an auction I worked at. Turns out he is a crook . The car looked great and hauled booty too but .... he didn’t ever send me my transferred title or give me my plates. I can’t seem to get it in my name and I’ve filed a complaint with he dmv and have a few options I didn’t like. But... since then I’ve bottomed it out on these country roads where I live , and had to replace my oil pan . I do all my work myself watching you tube 😊 but I used my friends lift and found the entire underside is rusted . Completely thru into the trunk on one side. The motor is great . I think... the tranny is good , but I left it with my daughter who must have drove it like she stole it . Now it sounds funny like maybe it’s missing ? I haven’t changed the plugs because I don’t want to take the intake off . It’s getting to be too much . It’s out of line front and back needs camber adjustments added so will cost me like $400, to align it and I’ve replaced the shock assembly on front and back , I can’t sell it because I don’t have the title so it will I guess be put aside and turned into a project car as I have the money . It makes me sad I loved it. Any suggestions where to get the parts I will need? I’ll replace the entire suspension and everything else under there one day

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can do eBay if you're looking for cheap parts, replace the parts one by one over time.
You can do it if you have patience. I brought my 2003 GTS nearly a month ago, but I know it's not ready to go until I come up with an idea how to stop it from leaking(convertible top), but I'm experimenting to stop it.
Anyway brother, if you truly want to keep it, and enjoy it, and the engine and transmission is still doing great...then take your time and invest in parts, instead of investing in looking for another Eclipse that you hardly know anything about.
These cars are pretty rare on the road..compared to all the Toyotas, Kias, and Hondas out there..so keep that gem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts