Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! As some of you may know, I'm going to be leaving soon for a 2 year mission trip for my church. When didn't know when or where I would be leaving until yesterday. SO

I'll be gone for two years in the "Marshall Islands Majuro Mission" and the "Kiribati Region" speaking Kiribati. I'll be gone for two years and I'm to report in Oct. So, yeah!

·
Registered
51 Posts
have fun with your trip, if you ever have the chance to upload pictures of the awesome stuff you would see please do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats! A close friend of mine served his mission out there and loved it. Having served a mission myself in New Zealand, my advice is work hard AND play hard too. It seems to take forever while you're out there, but once you are done you will wonder where the time went. Good luck my friend!

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats! A close friend of mine served his mission out there and loved it. Having served a mission myself in New Zealand, my advice is work hard AND play hard too. It seems to take forever while you're out there, but once you are done you will wonder where the time went. Good luck my friend!
thanks man! my friend served his mission in New Zealand and loved it!

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About 10-11 Months Left

Well everyone it's been a crazy fun trip so far, I've served about 13 months now and a got about 10 left.

Good to see that y'all are still here and alive.

I could say a lot but I'll give you the gist of things.

I'm current;y serving a humanitarian mission for my church in the country of Kiribati (north of Fiji). I have served in the islands of Tarawa, Kuria, and Kiritimati (Christmas Island) where I currently am.

I've slept on the ground, on stick platforms, killed rats, preached, helped people in need and the whole nine yards.

Before this mission I thought I needed so much, but coming here, helped me realize you need so little to be happy.

Any questions, go ahead and ask them because I really don't know what to say, it's weird speaking English (I've been speaking the Kiribati language, for the past year).

Stay well!

Chipmunkk

·
Stocker
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you go in a group? And around how many said yes to Christ that you know of?
yeah so when i went there were 7 of us that went at the same time, but there were already people there and more people that came and at one time we peaked at over 110 missionaries.

And what do you mean "said yes to Christ"? Like how many believed in God or were baptized?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts