Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably very few on this board that like slammed trucks (I usually don't myself), but I'm happy to see one of my best friends on the cover of a major magazine like Sport Truck! It's a raked and body-dropped 1980 C10 with a direct-port LS1, 22" fronts and 24" rears...was in the front entrance for two days at SEMA last year for those who went, and in the ChassisTech booth for the rest of the event.

Article is here:
Custom 1980 Chevrolet C10 - Cover Story - Sport Truck Magazine

some more photos here:
1980 Chevrolet C10 Drivers Side View Photo

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He keeps the ass end up a little higher and slams the front. He can lay the whole thing out if he wants, but this is just what he likes. He's a muscle car/hot rod dude and likes that style.

·
Suk me balls
4,973 Posts
Raked is when the front is lower then the rear like that truck. It's not completly flat, which would look better but still a nice truck.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
i have grown to dislike slammed trucks like that because ppl in my town tend to put the money into the airbags and then be done with it. they ride around with primer painted trucks and one set of wheels on one side and a completely different set on the other set.
that truck is beautiful tho. gotta respect the work he has put into that. the interior is great too. i love how he kept it smooth and clean rather than flashy.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. :) The interior actually wasn't complete when the photoshoot took place; the dash wraparound was mostly complete but still needed some ironing out, but the carpet and buckets were thrown in last minute. I don't think the stereo was even hooked up at the time of the shoot, just sat in there as placeholders :lol: He's not one to give a shit about the stereo stuff anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Does he have the cab cut into the bed, or are the amps just mounted and wired through? I like custom trucks as long as they are done tastefully. This one is done with some taste and definitely done with great detail.

There is a 69 C10 with a chopped top that is always parked up the road from me. I almost get in a wreck everytime I drive past because I cant take my eyes off the thing.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
I hate the raked and slammed to the ground look like above, even though that one does look done right.

I, personally, think it would look 10x better if it looked to perform like it's capable of with that LS1. 1" drop in the rear with ladder bars and 2" drop in front. Some meaty MT on a set of cragars that fill out the rear instead of the 24" low profiles would give it a 100x more aggressive stance.

Buddy of mine has a supercharged 454-loaded 84 C10 Silverado with a similar setup I just described (.5" lower drop and I think that's a hair too low) that runs low-12's with a beefed up 12-bolt and it looks and sounds amazing.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hate the raked and slammed to the ground look like above, even though that one does look done right.

I, personally, think it would look 10x better if it looked to perform like it's capable of with that LS1. 1" drop in the rear with ladder bars and 2" drop in front. Some meaty MT on a set of cragars that fill out the rear instead of the 24" low profiles would give it a 100x more aggressive stance.

He has a 9-second 1991 Chevy truck that is more what you describe. It's disgustingly fast and the sound of the thing will give you a heart attack. But that doesn't get on the cover of magazines :) He has it for sale right now. Here's a few pictures:

Neither are really my style, but he does pretty well with them.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kinda off-topic, but I was looking through my folder of his cars to find the 454 pics and found a picture of his 69SS, figured I'd post it for shits and grins. I'm not in to the trucks really, but I dig his Camaro.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Yeah that's a little more extreme than I was talking about. Without the tubbed rear and about an inch higher and I would totally rock that as a DD.

I do still actually like the slammed mini trucks, but then, they were at the height of their popularity when I was a teenager and growing up with them. I think the larger wheels and slammed look fits them much better than a fullsized truck.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
Kinda off-topic, but I was looking through my folder of his cars to find the 454 pics and found a picture of his 69SS, figured I'd post it for shits and grins. I'm not in to the trucks really, but I dig his Camaro.
Yeah that's nice. I'm working on the 454 for my truck over the winter. Hopefully it'll be ready to drop in by spring. It's going to be built for my K5 though, all motor TBI, somewhere in the range of 350hp/500+tq, but will still haul ass when I want it to.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah that's nice. I'm working on the 454 for my truck over the winter. Hopefully it'll be ready to drop in by spring. It's going to be built for my K5 though, all motor TBI, somewhere in the range of 350hp/500+tq, but will still haul ass when I want it to.
That's a good goal. His 454 is obviously completely useless as a street-driver. Actually his daily is a this funky early 80s S10/GMC/something with a fucking stepside :lol: It looks like a slow-as-balls version of Dodge's Lil Red Express...he loves it though :lol:

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
On that pic first post, I am surprised he got that LS1 in there, raised, without having to put a cowl hood on though. I'd bet you can barely fit a used condom on top of the air cleaner before the hood hits it.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've NEVER seen that truck actually driving with the hood on it; I never gave it a second thought as to why, but I think you just figured it out.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Lately I've been thinking of selling my Rover to buy a mid 90's 1500 2wd to turn into a street rod :eek:

Used ls series engine, beefy trans, ect...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts