Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HMRacing
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you who know a lot about jeeps or lift's for the XJ i got a question for you. Right now i got a 95 jeep cherokee sport with a rough country 3 inch suspension lift and i was wondering if i could add the budget boost with the 3 inch lift i already got to make it a 5 inch lift since i know the budget boost is 2 inches. I know the budget boost comes with 2 inch shackles and 2 inch spacer. Just wondering if i could add this lift without having to modify anything else or if i would have to drop the transfer case.

Thanks,
Justin S.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
you will have to extend the brake lines, and possibly larger/longer shocks. Depends on how the driveline handles the budget boost, but I haven't seen to many drop the Tcase.

I have a 93 ZJ with a 2inch BB and running 31's.

·
HMRacing
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, where do i get the parts to extend the brake lines? Right now it's lifted 3 inches. The BB will give me 2 more inches. I have Rancho shocks on it right now. I heard i may need a SYE is this true? I was hoping to get around everything without having to spend all the extra money

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just keep the suspension lift and get a 2" body lift, that's what my buddy has on his XJ.. works just fine, no roll at all.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Even the '93? He had told me he had a 3" suspension lift and a 2" body lift, im not sure if there is a difference or not.... i'll be sure and ask him if he is sure about what he has done... ha ha

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
get YJ brake lines. That will get them long enough. Can get them cheap from a buddy who replaced his after lift or junkyard if you find them in good enough shape.

Get bar pin eliminators for your shocks. That will gain you 1-1.5" and they're cheap and effective.

4" sway bar disconnects for the front as well. Take the rear sway bar off completely if it isn't already.

If you're going to run longer shackles, I would snag the main leaf from an S10 and replace it with the 2nd leaf in your pack. It's thicker and more arch, but should level out to about the same with the longer shackle and still keep your shackle angle good while allowing decent flex.

When all's said and done, you can do it for around $150ish if you shop good.

Instead of the pucks up front, I would probably go with longer coils. You can get 4.5" ZJ coils for around $80-100 for the pair which will give you 5.5" lift (5.5" XJ coils are more expensive than the 4.5" ZJ and the same thing). You'd get a better ride out of it for not much more.

If you don't have adjustable upper control arms, you might want to consider it. Your pinion angle will be suffering up front otherwise, plus you'll need them longer for less of a bone-jarring ride.

Only time will tell for the SYE. I've run XJ's with 6+ inches of lift without an SYE without a problem, but another identical one might vibrate your fillings out without it. 1" tcase drop might help a little if the ujoints are at a crazy angle. Make sure they don't hit the DS flange when it rotates. Jack the rear up until the tires are off the ground, jackstands under the jeep (suspension hanging) and rotate it to see how bad it will get and that will let you know.

You'll probably have to replace/redrill the trackbar to get the front axle centered again as well if it hasn't been done already.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts