Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SLUTTY IGUANA
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you... I love that truck!

Its funny all these big ass full size trucks always talk shit saying your truck is to small blablabla... its to bad when they get stuck I drive right by...

·
NUFF SAID
1,497 Posts
i'm getting myself another xj with my tax check, i really miss having one. What do you have done on yours, kinda looks like a 2" lift and some bigger tires.

·
Ass To Mouth
6,271 Posts
Nice XJ. Most of the guys I wheel with have XJs and I have to say, when I got my TJ, I didn't really like them, but I've really come to love them. When I'm done with school I'll probably pick one up if not for anything but the extra room(still keeping the TJ though, of course).

·
SLUTTY IGUANA
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 4" lift some 31" MT's right now. exaust/intake/chip/cb.

Next may be a 6.5" kit with 33's and a snorkel... once I up the alternator I am going to put a light rack across the top, and install a winch on the front (with a steel bumper obviously) that is about as big as i will take it.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
I hope you didn't pay money for your "chip"... You could have gotten one for free with a heavier shoe.

The alternator on them is actually quite stout. I ran 6 180watt halogens up front, 2 out back and 6 rock lights underneath with all the regular hardware inside and never really saw a problem.

If you really want to up it though, find a dakota in the junkyard with the towing package. I think it's up around 180-195amp in case you want more. Don't forget to waterproof your subs and amp though :rolleyes:

·
SLUTTY IGUANA
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
subs and amp?

I dont have subs and amp. I thought about it, but I need the room for my remote mount winch/high lift jack/towstraps etc... when we go out for a weekend of offroading its pretty packed. Its not a daily driver either so i dont really care how great the stereo sounds as long is it plays I am happy.

we went out this weekend and got burried will post some pics.

·
My penis is bigger
18,824 Posts
For the cherokee you can get the speaker pod from one of the newer ones that go in the upper rear and fit a couple 8" subs in it and modify it to seal it up. Works well and give good sound up high, without sacrificing space.

I always like good sound, but never go overboard. For the blazer, I just sealed up the stock console, dropped a 5 channel amp and 8" sub in there and it works great. Stock speaker locations in the dash and it sounds good and not worried about them getting wet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts