Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

241 - 244 of 244 Posts

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
So comparing TLC, UC, and 3M rubbing compound on the buff n shine pads I got.

TLC gives some cut with a nearly perfect finish.
UC cuts more but still finishes nice.
3M rubbing compound is of course the harshest but still has a decent finish with this pad.

I used 3M to cut out some bad scratches from the trunk, I think I'll go over some areas with the 3M to cut down some deeper stuff and then finish with TLC.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nice. I'll have to check these out. I have some scratches in my trunk lid that suspiciously look like they are from a bike rack. Also a bunch near the door handles and maybe I can smooth out some of the marks in the door dings... Fucking people...

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
TLC is nice with the dual fiber pad because you can go from cut to polish to done in one step all at once and you need more cut you just go over it again with some additional fresh compound. You can run it on a wool pad for heavy cut or a soft foam pad for a light cut depending on what you need, you can cut heavy with wool then go back over it with a foam finish pad to get it to a glassy finish, but all with one compound. Pad choice, buffer speed, and pressure change how it cuts and finishes entirely so you have to play around with it some to find what suits your needs but honestly it's pretty much idiot proof. I have very little experience with this and my first time using this compound it came out basically perfect. There were a few places I could have gone over again to get it better but it's good enough which is WAY better than it was before. I can't say enough positive things about this compound.

·
54,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
I've been watching some videos from Apex Detail on Youtube. Great channel! I learned that with a rayon cutting pad you can use meg's water spot remover to polish glass and even remove some scratches from it so I'm going to give it a go on my Mazda and maybe try to take the edges off one on my Celica driver side glass. The Mazda front glass is bad bad so any improvement is good, it's got some cracks that haven't spread so if I mess it up or anything well it needed replacement anyway!

241 - 244 of 244 Posts