Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I backed into some big truck tonight. It being so big nothing really happened to it. But my little eclipse has a pretty nice shiner on her rear end. I don't know about you guys but when i have damage on my car and I drive around with it I feel like a total bum. But hey do you guys think I will have to replace the bumper or just that the parts repaired?

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i am gonna make the pics smaller so please dont flame, on it right now

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Rear quarter will need to be repaired and re-worked, the panel behind the taillight, new bumper, new taillight, new rear corner, and MAYBE a support bracket in the lower rear behind the plastic mud guards. Re-paint new bumper, and re-paint entire rear quarter all the way up to the passenger dooor to blend.

I'd estimate roughly $900-$1150 ballpark.

Also, keep in mind black TYC's are discontinued.. so you'll either have to get lucky and find a used set or find something else to use and replace both.

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Rear quarter will need to be repaired and re-worked, the panel behind the taillight, new bumper, new taillight, new rear corner, and MAYBE a support bracket in the lower rear behind the plastic mud guards. Re-paint new bumper, and re-paint entire rear quarter all the way up to the passenger dooor to blend.

I'd estimate roughly $900-$1150 ballpark.

Also, keep in mind black TYC's are discontinued.. so you'll either have to get lucky and find a used set or find something else to use and replace both.
I will guess there is that much damage. I hope they can work the rear quarter panel back out, or that might be a bitch.

Glad your ok tho.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
Sorry to hear about your little fender-bender. Good luck with getting everything fixed.

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep guys the estimate was for about 1000 but I do have some hook ups that could get me a new bumper. I hope I can get out of this cheaper than that, I am a college student with a crappy job hahaha owell shit happens.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Yep guys the estimate was for about 1000 but I do have some hook ups that could get me a new bumper. I hope I can get out of this cheaper than that, I am a college student with a crappy job hahaha owell shit happens.
Nice. Just over a photo I guessed 900-1150, and you got a price of 1000, so thats dead middle what I gave as a range. :)

Anyhow, assuming you can get the "hook up", you could save yourself a fair amount.

You only have liability or full coverage? If full coverage and your deduct is $250 or less, you may want to consider filing a claim. Just weigh out all your options.

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. Just over a photo I guessed 900-1150, and you got a price of 1000, so thats dead middle what I gave as a range. :)

Anyhow, assuming you can get the "hook up", you could save yourself a fair amount.

You only have liability or full coverage? If full coverage and your deduct is $250 or less, you may want to consider filing a claim. Just weigh out all your options.
It sux man I just have liabilty, nothing covers my car. But I really do hope I can get the bumper cheap, guy at the body shop said 248 but hopefully i can get it for cheaper.

·
Registered
232 Posts
WTF.. 1000 to fix that.. HELL NO the whole paint job costs about that.. dont listen to these people.. pfft..

get a bumper paint it. Replace headlights and fix that little dent.

It looks around maybe MAYBE 500 the most.

pfft LOL @ 1000 dllrs haha.. omg.. ok sorry i had to. lol If you need tipos on where to get parts and what to do/how to do it pm me. Body work is my side job and no complaints as of yet.. lol

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
WTF.. 1000 to fix that.. HELL NO the whole paint job costs about that.. dont listen to these people.. pfft..

get a bumper paint it. Replace headlights and fix that little dent.

It looks around maybe MAYBE 500 the most.

pfft LOL @ 1000 dllrs haha.. omg.. ok sorry i had to. lol If you need tipos on where to get parts and what to do/how to do it pm me. Body work is my side job and no complaints as of yet.. lol
Maaco salesman? :dunno:

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I have heard from three people that I needed a new bumper. They said once that had been creased it wont look the same if it is just "popped" out. So this weekend I got a bumper of an 03 for $165. And some reverse lights for $15. As of now I am gonna go with the stock tails till i find a replacement TYC. If anyone has one let me know!! O yea if you can tell by the pictures there was alittle quarter panel damage which will cost the most to fix. The tails wont sit flush with the quarterpanel any more. Probably have to hammer that out and use some bondo :( I think I can get out of this for under 700

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got it fixed last weekend YAY! Just thought I would update you guys if your interested I got it all done for about $580 including parts!

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
The repairs look good. I'm glad to see you got it back.

·
Appalachian State
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW looks great and :shock: on the total price! :)
yea I got the good price because I took it to a local college body shop class and all i have to do is pay for parts and paint.

And to crpearce looks like the server busy error bit you in the ass with the double post x4

1 - 19 of 19 Posts