Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. HD sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
50 Posts
Chinchooter11: I notice in engine compartment picture you have the factory tower brace. Did that come on the car, or did you add it ? I was under the impression they only came on the convertible. ...J.D.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Chichester11: I notice in engine compartment picture you have the factory tower brace. Did that come on the car, or did you add it ? I was under the impression they only came on the convertible. ...J.D.
They come standard on all GT and GTS models

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Some new pics of the ride out at the last TNiA for Minnesota. Wish my front bumper was the same color it would look a lot cleaner but overall I love how my car looks and feels. Thinking a front splitter and a 9lives wing will make it look a lot more aggressive.

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. HD sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
50 Posts
Does looks really matter ? I agree it could use a better wing. I have that same one. It is a do nothing piece of plastic. I do not have much complaint with the front aerodynamics. But the rear tries to fly if you push it too fast. Need to get all the aerodynamics sorted before you take it to the painter. ...J.D.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Does looks really matter ? I agree it could use a better wing. I have that same one. It is a do nothing piece of plastic. I do not have much complaint with the front aerodynamics. But the rear tries to fly if you push it too fast. Need to get all the aerodynamics sorted before you take it to the painter. ...J.D.
No looks really don’t matter as this car is more of a race car since I don’t daily it but I do like to look good while I’m on track I mean who doesn’t. I’m excited for this weekend at Road America as the man himself Tom O’Gorman will be coaching me and giving me tips along with using the Apex pro for lap times and data. Hopefully when he makes his data laps he will be able to tell me things that need to be worked on the car to make it a better more stable car on track. I do have a feeling he is going yo say I’m going to need more aero to help. My winter list of things to get for next year has already started once I have it all planned out I’ll post what’s in store for next year. Hoping to have a video posted of the weekend by Tuesday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The less aerodynamics you have to add the better. More wing, more drag. Your coupe is probably a little better that way than my Spyder. I would like to find a effective wing that will bolt right in to the original mounting holes in my decklid, but I don't think anyone is making them. ...J.D.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
In all honesty, I have no reason other than aesthetics to change the wing on my 3g. It would really have no effect below about 90-95 mph. Mine is a street only car. Yes, I have had it WAY faster than that a few times, but I have to resist that urge with all my might :censored:. ...J.D.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well back from Road America and let’s just say car is still miss firing which is quite a bummer, I did get out on track 5 out of the 8 times. We missed out on the morning sessions on Saturday due to heavy fog that didn’t clear up till early afternoon, and I sat out the last 2 sessions cause I didn’t wanna chance my car blowing up or me going into a wall due to rain. Weather wasn’t the best only good weather we had was Saturday afternoon till track close Sunday was damp, humid and misting with some scattered rain. The whole weekend I saw 7 cars get wrecked most of them were going through the kink and one was right before turn 1. 3 of the 7 were GLTC cars and on top of that 3 more that I didn’t witness happen everyone was able to walk away from everything with no serious injury’s. Road America is no joke it was scary going out on track and trying to push, I didn’t even get close to what my limit of my car can handle.

I did have Tom O’Gorman drive my car and it was a huge eye opener for what the car is capable of, how late he brakes going into the turn, getting the car to rotate his exit speed. It truly amazing his ability to just hop into a car he has never driven and push it as hard as he did and make everything feel planted and stable. The bummer part is my go pro wasn’t recording and I didn’t have my track addict set up to see what time he was running. A lot of my gopro footage is crap becuase I hardly had any clean laps but I will try and put something together.

Road America is a very strict FIA regulated track, I got back flagged twice one for pointing people by on the out lap which is a caution lap and one for when I went back out I crossed the pit lane blend line to early. I guess Sunday morning they had a totally of 25 black flags on people in 4 sessions. Overall it was a really great experience and a lot of learning the crew I went with couldn’t have been any better it was a hell of a drive there and back home.

seeing as the season has now ended, I have alot of plans for my car all for the most part pretty basic things. I’ll post when parts start to roll in until than here are some pics of the weekend.
Car Automotive parking light Sky Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky
Cloud Sky Car Plant Land vehicle

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks like you are having fun out there. That is the real objective. ...J.D.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not getting much done on my car or my bikes yet this year. We had a early cold spell so I had to go up and winterize my cabin this week. Drained the water system and installed a low temperature thermostat to keep things from freezing. No more than got home and I got a message from the power company that the power went out up there due to high winds. Guess I'll get to do some shop time as soon as the winter settles in. Sounds like you are having more fun than I am right riow. Enjoy ...J.D.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Damn thats awesome to have Tom drive the 3g eclipse. I really wish my team could get a professional to drive our endurance cars and show us a thing or 2. I saw a lot of the crashes from gridlife pop up on my social media. I was really shocked the Kutil wrecked as well

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Damn thats awesome to have Tom drive the 3g eclipse. I really wish my team could get a professional to drive our endurance cars and show us a thing or 2. I saw a lot of the crashes from gridlife pop up on my social media. I was really shocked the Kutil wrecked as well
Yeah it was really cool to get his input on how the car felt. He said that since the eclipse has a longer wheel base than most fwd cars it feels a lot more predictable going into corners and getting the car to rotate. That really made me happy to hear, an makes me wanna keep trying to track the car more. I will say if you ever get a chance to have a pro driver, drive your car do it. It helped me out so much with having confidence in the car and having his input just so much knowledge to take in.

The kutil crash was actually one of the main reasons I didn’t go out for the last two sessions when he crashed it started to rain a little making it pretty slick, Ron from RS motors also crashed the same day in the morning cause of the track being slick battling into turn 1. Which freaked me out I knew if I went out there I really wouldn’t push hard so I just played it safe and sat it out. I’m almost pretty sure Kutil and Ron are both going to have to find a shell to replace the cars which is super unfortunate, but than again the damage could look a lot worse than it really is.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts