Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 5spd
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
14K springs front and rear? I forgot about VMC parts fitting on our cars. Definitely will look into this
No just the rear are 14k I’m keeping the fronts at 10k trying to get the car to rotate faster which I’m scared this will change the whole dynamic of the car with my driving style But I need to make a base line with the suspension tuning. Once I get it back on track I can figure out some more tuning options.

·
Super Moderator
54,045 Posts
Not terribly off from what I run in my Celica (little lighter so little softer), definitely has a propensity to neutralize understeer with the right sway bars and alignment but watch out for the rear wanting to come around if you're hard on brakes at the wrong part of a corner or lift off too much. Like I said, alignment is critical and you'll probably have to play with it some to see what suits you best.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,019 Posts
No just the rear are 14k I’m keeping the fronts at 10k trying to get the car to rotate faster which I’m scared this will change the whole dynamic of the car with my driving style But I need to make a base line with the suspension tuning. Once I get it back on track I can figure out some more tuning options.
It may upset the car a lil bit but I think you will like that set up. What's your camber and toe set at?

·
Registered
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 5spd
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Not terribly off from what I run in my Celica (little lighter so little softer), definitely has a propensity to neutralize understeer with the right sway bars and alignment but watch out for the rear wanting to come around if you're hard on brakes at the wrong part of a corner or lift off too much. Like I said, alignment is critical and you'll probably have to play with it some to see what suits you best.

Yeah I’m looking for it to rotate faster it’ll be something I’ll have to get use to. The way I drive is hard on the brakes early trying to get on throttle quicker rather than late braking. But I think I might have to adjust that a slight bit depending on how it acts going into the corner and settling in the corner to come out.

·
Super Moderator
54,045 Posts
It's a hard act to balance making it fast as possible and making it possible to recover once shit goes sideways.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts