Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my HID kit on christmas. Pretty fast shipping from JOEY, the guy whos selling these kits. Took my about an hour to modify the bulb housing and installation, no cutting wires, just simple installation. The only problem that I have noticed with them is that sometimes one of the headlights does not turn on, but if i turn the swith on and off then they both come on ( has only happened twice so far) but it could be cause of the cold. Anyway if some one can bump JOEYJOEY's erep for this, i love this kid and too bad soon i will get rid of my 3g in exchange for and EVO X. heres the pic.

Oh, the last problem im having with the headlights is that i cant get rid of that freaking moisture in them. i tried by putting a bead of clear silicone all around the lens.If anyone had this similar problem with SONARS please help on how to fix it. thanks.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Leave your lights on all the time and the heat should dry all the moisture out. If not, then you may have to take them apart and use a blow dryer or something.
Nice looking HIDs. I might have to put some up for my DEPOs.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
Your HIDs look great with your Sonars. I'm thinking about getting some HIDs for my Sonars, but that will have to wait for another month.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Mine stopped fogging after 2 days.. all you need to do is on the back, the 2 opening u twist and pull off to change the light bulbs, take them off so air can get in and out , no moisture will get in, its been wet here in Chicago and i check everyday and it seems fine and not wet so that can work, or on the back you can drill a 1/8 hole, but taking the bulb cover off is much easier

It will take about 10 hours for it to dry completely but once it goes away it wont comae back.

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
About the headlights only one working...if you turn the car off at night or during the day while you have been driving with the headlights on and don't atleast turn the switch back to the parking lights or completely off before you do so, then when you turn the car back on, only one of the hids will come on. Its a safety thing. When you turn your car off from now on, just make sure you turn the headlights off first.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Do your bright lights still work? If so, how did you wire them? I have the same setup and there were no wires for my bright lights. I know the HID kit is bright enough you really wouldn't need them, but it would be nice to still have them.

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Do your bright lights still work? If so, how did you wire them? I have the same setup and there were no wires for my bright lights. I know the HID kit is bright enough you really wouldn't need them, but it would be nice to still have them.
What do you mean by bright lights? Are you talking about the high beams?

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Hmm. I didn't touch my high beams during the install. Everythings connected to my low beams and my high beams still work fine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah during the install you really dont mess with the high beam wiring, mine still work. recheck your wiring if you did the installation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
can anyone help me out i have sonar projectors and i purchased a cqlight.ca hid kit 8k h1 i just need help installing then to my projectors if anybody can i help that would be cool thanks!:ndance:

·
Registered
125 Posts

I guess the Eclipse has separate bulbs for the high/low beams. In my car, if I wanted to keep my high-beams I would have to either buy "Bi-Xenon" HID's which enable me to have HID high and low-beams or buy the kit that allows me to keep my stock halogen high-beam, but HID low-beam. I don't think you really need your high-beam if you have HID's installed though.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I guess the Eclipse has separate bulbs for the high/low beams. In my car, if I wanted to keep my high-beams I would have to either buy "Bi-Xenon" HID's which enable me to have HID high and low-beams or buy the kit that allows me to keep my stock halogen high-beam, but HID low-beam. I don't think you really need your high-beam if you have HID's installed though.
You're right. We do have one bulb for both high and low beams.

And its possible to have a HID bulb to do both. right again

·
From the Internet
2,303 Posts
Ok this is probably a retarded question, but about eBay kits, I guess paying about $60 for a kit is a load of BS right? They're either gonna suck or just die soon I'd expect?

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
I've heard that the eBay kits are really no different. As always, just make sure you check the feedback ratings, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just bumping this as apposed to opening a new thread.

Has anyone else noticed or had a sticker on their sonars that said "!CAUTION: HID bulb not allowed!"

I already have an 8k HID and the sonars obviously, and I know many have about the same setup already with no problems.. just wondering really. anyone know why this might be?

·
Bringing sexy back
4,644 Posts
Because, the Sonars are made to be used with halogen lights, not HID bulbs. Yes many of us on here have HID in our halogen projectors, doesn't mean its legal per se. You aren't the first one to fathom this question.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts