Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 1360 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i have such a high demand for this thread, i made it.

This thread will show my progress and strategy for my build as well as my questions and everybody elses questions.

The PLAN: Turbo My 2000 GT V6 for as little cost as possible while still being able to function.

The Strategy:
-Weld together a log manifold out of varies parts from the following sites...Road Race Engineering's 4G Eclipse Parts and Performance, http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html
-Weld together a downpipe out of parts from...Columbia River Mandrel Bending - Columbia River Mandrel Bending
-Purchase a T3 60 trim turbo for $180 from another forum
-Purchase ebay intercooler...eBay Motors: 27" FMIC INTERCOOLER+2.5" PIPING KIT EVO LANCER STI WRX (item 220369903239 end time Mar-29-09 20:27:33 PDT)
-Purchase a 2002-03 Eclipse ECU for tuning purposes
-BOV-TBA
-Mustang DynoTune
-Boost Gauge

Any questions????
I have my sources on welding.(If he is willing to come through for me.)

Wish me luck:eek3:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally, someone who doesnt just tell me to throw my ideas out the window. Thank you. I wasn't sure if i should share my part sources in case i wanted to make turbo kits for the V6. But i said screw it.:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well i think its always great to try something new. If it works then great, if not then its a lesson not only you learn but everyone else does as well. If you can Turbo a v6 and get some good numbers i think people would really like this thread.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what i'm hopin for. BTW im going to be running on stock internals besides the spark plugs. I wish i could push my motor, but then i wouldnt have anything left.:lol: so i cant go too high with my numbers. If the build is successful, then i'm saving up for pistons.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
The only thing you are going to get is a kit that looks like crap and a blown motor.

Youngin's don't listen.

·
Galant-Turbo
382 Posts
youre missing a few things, injectors, fuel pump, oil pan, fittings, tuning, gauges, couplers, fpr, etc. flanges and gaskets get expensive too. probably $200 in that stuff alone

·
King Shango
3,077 Posts
The only thing you are going to get is a kit that looks like crap and a blown motor.

:lol:

Luke your 16 years old, and have no idea what your getting yourself into. These people are not here to throw your ideas out the window. Trust me, if it was so easy to Turbo this car there would be tons of Turbo v6 running around. The people who have successfully ran a turbo setup on this car did not spend $900 for a whole setup.

Your looking into thousands of dollars and serious downtime. Look at members like PharmEcis, Iceman, Chato, Tearstone etc.. Search there post and threads and youll find your answer.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
It's ok, this will just turn into another forgotten useless thread because the OP will never get anywhere.

OR

It will be come an epic FAIL thread.

One or the other, there is no other solution and definitely no solution that ends up turning out good for this kid unless he decides to just hold on to his money.

·
FearIsTheMindKiller
3,936 Posts
We're going to end up saying in unison, "We told you so".

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you guys are REALLY underestimating me. I have all the proper building equipment available to me. Welding, tools, etc. I even have 2 peopl that have been working on cars for more than any of you guys have. I'm not going to just whip this up in my garage in 30 min.

·
FearIsTheMindKiller
3,936 Posts
I think you guys are REALLY underestimating me. I have all the proper building equipment available to me. Welding, tools, etc. I even have 2 peopl that have been working on cars for more than any of you guys have. I'm not going to just whip this up in my garage in 30 min.
Based on your posts about the 3G eclipse though we have more than sufficient evidence to prove you otherwise.

We aren't trying to discourage you from doing things to your Eclipse, we're just trying to point you in the right direction. This board has an infinite supply of knowledge about building the 3G in several different ways. You should utilize that.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have. But i am just letting you guys in on the full story. If you thought i wasnt going to have any supervision in making this turbos setup you're confused. I have used this site to get my idea of where the pipes are going to run, as well as where to mount the turbo. Plus i've been recently looking around about tuning and figure it i best just to go to a dyno. Am i correct about a dyno? Instead of ECUFlash or something like that.

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
No we are not underestimating you. This is going to be a complete and utter failure. If you could turbo this car for $900 everyone would do it. It just doesn't happen though. There was a lot of money( $15k +) in my old car. I will wait until this thread ends up in OT before saying the rest of what I want to say.

Turbo dreams on a McDonald's cook budget...I've lost track of how many kids we've had come on here with these ideas and they quickly disappear because they blow up the car and the parents get pissed.

Please quit cluttering the boards with your useless threads.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Plus i've been recently looking around about tuning and figure it i best just to go to a dyno. Am i correct about a dyno? Instead of ECUFlash or something like that.
Proof that the only thing you are going to do is cause a mess.

If need surgery, do you open up some books, do some reading and then hand yourself the scalpel? Of course not. Then why the fuck are you going to do the same thing to your car?

You need to shut up and learn. Read. Listen. KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED. Read some more. Go buy a few books. Read even more. Then in about 3 to 4 years maybe you can start thinking about building a turbo kit.

·
FeelsGoodToBeGangsta
1,617 Posts
Here's some advice, buy a cheap beater car, so you can drive it when you blow your engine, or fuck up crucial components beyond repair. :lol:

·
4g64T
640 Posts
:facepalm: be realistic, I was just like you, only 600$ for a turbo set up, then it turned to only 1,200 for the full setup, then 2,000 then 2,500. And as of right now I'm sitting at 3,000 easy in a 4cyl. I know that the GT/GTS is a much more expensive pursuit so 900, will barely cover the turbo itself

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
You need to shut up and learn. Read. Listen. KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED. Read some more. Go buy a few books. Read even more. Then in about 3 to 4 years maybe you can start thinking about building a turbo kit.
Yep, take 20 from that $600 you have and buy Maximum Boost and learn a little. And a T3 on the V6...I don't see that lasting long before it goes boom but then again with this kid there will be more than one possible reason for going boom.

1 - 20 of 1360 Posts