Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 2 days ago the SDS Vortech V-5 G Trim blower died. It is now off the car, im waiting to find the V-1 SQ. The impeller of the V-5 blower is loose, very loose. If any know can explain why then go for it, the impeller fins where hitting the "walls". After taking the MAS off, the honeycomb looking metal had a section of it dented as if something was shot through the SDS. Anyways I think I have found the V-1 SQ I have been looking for, if so I will be picking it up, but if anyone who reads this knows where I can get ahold of a V-5G, or V-1S/SQ then let me know, im open to anything.

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
Try to find a V-1 T-trim, thats the one i was running. Its a larger blower than the S trim, and has an effective max boost rating of 26psi (although i was only to see a maximum of about 22). The most important thing is that the T-trim flows 200cfm more air than the s-trim does. Look on ebay.

·
54,424 Posts
ouch dude, the play was in the blower itself or the drive shaft? i know there were driveshaft bearing faillures. i wonder how possible it is that shaft play also ruined the blower unit itself, causing its blades to scrape up the housing? theres thrust play, is there any side to side (lateral) play in the unit also?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Neither do I, I think the guy does not know what the hell he is talking about since V-1s go for 1000+ and he only wants 800. If in fact it is a S trim then ill most likely be picking it up.
They no longer make the a trim. It has been replaced with t-trim and s/q-trim.

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ouch dude, the play was in the blower itself or the drive shaft? i know there were driveshaft bearing faillures. i wonder how possible it is that shaft play also ruined the blower unit itself, causing its blades to scrape up the housing? theres thrust play, is there any side to side (lateral) play in the unit also?
Ok cracked the Blower open last night, before I could even get it all the way apart metal balls started falling out, so the bearings are out, the Impeller did scrape the housing but no damage caused there even tho it seems unbelievable. More then likely ill be going V-1 soon, but does anyone know if Vortech or RIPP will do anything about this failure, cause it just gave out, nothing was shot through the Blower at all, no bent fins ect...

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
You dont want the V-1 A-trim.... its flows the same as the v-5 g-trim but with 5 less psi, and can only be run to 20psi.

800 for the A-trim is great, but dont get the A.

Wait and look for a T-trim, second pick would be the S-trim....

Until then, contact vortech and see what they say about your blower.

·
Boosted
3,343 Posts
Vortech had a rash of bad blowers get out on the market. they had a manufactuer change a part in the bearing without Vortech knowing cause pre-mature failures. I know the 350Z kits was plagued with them as well. check with vortech to be sure.

·
Banned
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Vortech had a rash of bad blowers get out on the market. they had a manufactuer change a part in the bearing without Vortech knowing cause pre-mature failures. I know the 350Z kits was plagued with them as well. check with vortech to be sure.
Its the bearing that is on the input shaft. I have the blower split open, and if Vortech will fix it then that would be awsome, there was nothing wrong with the SDS at all, just that bearing, all fins are fine!

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Yes it does... You have a fitting running from your oil pressure housing to the oil inlet and the outlet goes right into your oil pan. Ripp sells a weldless fitting for the pan (its great I just put mine in) and you can find the T-fitting for the oil pressure housing at the hardware store.

What engine are you running this blower on? The V5 may not be huge, but I know some impressive number can be pulled from it. Bigger then that and I hope you have all forged...

605 Posts
Especially when the OP has been banned :noway:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts