Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Is this the Ski you got for free from your boss' friend (or whoever)? Damn, you got a major project ahead of ya. Where are you sourcing the powerplant and parts? Do you know what you're doing? :p

Oh, and Leroy's gettin' huge. Pretty soon he's gonna topple you over and do more than just hump your leg :wub:

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this the Ski you got for free from your boss' friend (or whoever)? Damn, you got a major project ahead of ya. Where are you sourcing the powerplant and parts? Do you know what you're doing? :p

Oh, and Leroy's gettin' huge. Pretty soon he's gonna topple you over and do more than just hump your leg :wub:
Nah, that ski is long gone. and no, I don't know what I am doing. I love wasting money :woot: :ugh:

I a picking up the engine next week. It's a 760cc Yamaha engine with a brand new crank, pistons, and all gaskets/seals/bearings. In stock trim it's rated at 95hp. Before it even touches the boat, the cylinder will be ported, and the case will be as well. I am also using a pair of modified Mikuni 46mm carbs, with a much much much better than stock exhaust. :)

He's about 115lbs :eek: It's like he gets growth spurts or something :lol: One week he's barely 100, next week he's 110. Now 115 :eek:

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My CF and fiberglass supplies are probably going to run me about 500 bucks :crying:

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
only 95hp?

Well, is right at about 50hp for the 650cc engine that came stock in it that I grenaded the crank in. The whole ski ready to go weights about 300lbs. Also, the 95hp number (for the 760cc engine I have) was for the stock engine with OEM pistons, stock exhaust, stock carbs. I am going to be running dual 46mm carbs (Stock was 44mm, but not nearly as good as the aftermarket 46's I'm getting), and stock compression that was around 150lbs. I will have an aftermarket head bumping that compression up to about 185-190. Just the pipe I am putting on it adds 23hp to an otherwise stock engine.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My engine also has aftermarket pistons and crank. Both are brand new :)

After my new CC billing cycle starts, I'm either buying a new mountain bike, or all my fiberglass crap.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You don't have to get persnickety :fawk:
Nice word! I had to look it up, but I like it. Has a nice ring to it.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ordered all my fiberglass/cf/epoxy/supplies stuff today :woot:

~280 shipped from UScomposites :sweat:

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well well well.....

I got my stuff in the mail today, ended up being 245.XX shipped (Packed very well might I add)

I got:

2 yards of 17oz Biax. Fiberglass (36"x50" per yard)
2 yards of 12oz Biax. Fiberglass (36"x50" per yard)
1 yard of 5.5oz Carbon Fiber for a decorative layer on a few things (36"x50" per yard)
1 gallon of epoxy with hardener and pumps
Few different size squeegees
A detail roller (CF has to be nice and straight looking :ndance: )
4lbs of 1/2" Chop strand (fiberglass)
5qt Cabosil (Very very strong filler)
5qt fairing compound (Standard filler for body work, Bondo can suck my penis)
4oz of black pigment for my epoxy (for stuff not covered in Carbon fiber)
10 very nice 1.5" resin/epoxy brushes
Box of 50 5mm Latex gloves
5 2.5qt mixing buckets

Overall I am VERY impressed witht he quality of everything, and the cheap prices.

More to come very soon. I will probably stick up a pic. of the engine after I pick it up at 5, as well as this crap I bought so I can document everything.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I added more pics on page 2.

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
updated again... pics through out :D

·
is on a fitness kick
11,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks

I will be adding some more pics up tonight..... today I foamed under the bracket area, and here in a few I am going to go outside and glass it all together under there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts