Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicles For Sale/Wanted - XCEEDSPEED.com said:
Year/Make/Model: 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Price: 2,000

Mileage: 87,000
-------------

I've got a 1987 Conquest TSI 5spd with Maroon Interior and White Exterior.

Basics:
- 87k miles
- Maroon Interior ( excellent condition )
- White Exterior ( Some surface rust starting on driver fender, not perfect, not bad. Cleaner than a lot of others I have seen )

I bought this car over a year ago and have only put about 500 miles on it. When I got it, it had a blown slave cylinder. I replaced it with a brand new one from Autozone, and it works great. After letting the car sit for the summer while I was away at an internship, I got back to find that the car would not start, it just turned over.

Troubled shooted it to some wiring issues. Got it hotwired to work and it ran for a couple months, but has had intermittent issues...

I'm in class right now, but can post pictures and more information later. I'm looking to get 2,000 out of it. I am negotiable Shifts great, has new oil / filter, just needs the wiring figured out, I can explain in more detail later.

Looking for 2,000 as said above. Will negotiate. Definitely a solid car, just needs some work. Great for the Starquest enthusiasts, or an excellent start for 4G63 swap.

Will probably want to tow it back. I will work on getting it back to running so you can test drive / listen to it run, etc...
FS: 1987 Chrysler Conquest TSI - XceedSpeed

:drool:

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
That is way to much for that car. I would maybe give him $1500 and that is tops since there are problems with it.

No lower airdam.
Wireing issue
Paint looks bad.
Miles are good though Mine still has less.
also a 87 so it has lower boost and has a full cut on the ECU.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is way to much for that car. I would maybe give him $1500 and that is tops since there are problems with it.

No lower airdam.
Wireing issue
Paint looks bad.
Miles are good though Mine still has less.
also a 87 so it has lower boost and has a full cut on the ECU.
You should post up and tell him that then. :agreed:

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
Nope Not getting into a pissing match.

He has it posted on the starquest board and they have already told him that.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope Not getting into a pissing match.

He has it posted on the starquest board and they have already told him that.
I am going to offer him a trade for my 92 Dakota. :lol: Think it is a fair trade, she just rolled over 200,000. :D

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
Yeah that car is worth maybe $1200 if that not running.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will keep an eye on it to see if it actually sells for what he is asking. :)

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
If you really want one. let me know I can get you one cheap in better shape.

Also visit.

StarQuestClub.Com :: StarQuestClub Home

Also Sully in xceedspeed is a great contact.

let me know I know a couple around town that are down, and I bet you could get cheap. but I will warn you. they are fun cars, but they are like woman. also need you to work on them, and parts are not the cheapest our easy to find.

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
Here are some.

very rear color
StarQuestClub.Com :: View topic - 87 Yellow Starion in Ohio
Need some work but runs

Low miles.

StarQuestClub.Com :: View topic - '89 Conquest Stock 55k $3500 in Atl, Ga
is a drive but would be worth it.

Flat side.
StarQuestClub.Com :: View topic - 87 Conquest LE - Atlantic Blue, Intercooled in PA, for sale

Very nice car. I would buy it if the wife would let me
StarQuestClub.Com :: View topic - 1986 ESi-R 67k original, $4k obo/trade

Very very very very ver hard to find olive green.

StarQuestClub.Com :: View topic - 86 L05 Olve grey widebody rare. buy it b4 i part it out

and he wast 600 for it. I was talking about buying it just to sit on it till people realive what they cars are the the prices go up. The prices are starting to go up now.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im not sure if I really want one. I would just like to replace the truck with something AWD and maybe turbo.

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
Well you can drive a quest in the winter. Just remeber it is a 20 year old turbo car.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well you can drive a quest in the winter. Just remeber it is a 20 year old turbo car.
Right, I prob should be looking for something newer. My truck is old enough being a 92.

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
Correct I mean hell I would love ya to get one. You can get them cheap, and people do drive them in MI winter, and all. but you will need find a good runner first.

Mine is perfect, and only has 71K on it. Needs paint, and some other small things, and I stoled it at 3K.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, if I got one, I would just want to drive it. Maybe update the brakes and stuff, but not dump a ton of $$$ into it. ;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
here mine well not anymore a guy from texas bought it yesterday
58,000 miles
new paint

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
Me love yellow. very nice.

·
Premium Member
31,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, very sharp car. How come you sold it, too much on your plate?

·
Registered
518 Posts
it was my brothers first car and he needed money. so he decided to sell it because it sat for 3 years. but we just got a call from the guy who bought it. he decided to drive it home to Texas well i live in Illinois.we told him not to drive just to trailer it, but 200 miles from home the trans. blew on the high way

·
LORD WHITE CRACKER!!
2,967 Posts
Hope he is on the Quest board so he can get help. Other wise he is screwed. Most shops will not touch these cars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts