Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

41 - 60 of 1034 Posts

·
I win one to nothin!
94 Posts
Alright. Well if something was planned it'd probably be at least a month in advance. That way everybody has a lot of time to get their schedule lined up. I realize when something is scheduled it may conflict with some people's schedules. But that's a sad reality.

July 1-15 is a good target. If some day within that batch of days is better than another let us know.

Possible ideas:
--nvmy3g Are you able to get those passes for just about any game up there? If so that's a good possibility. We can definitely meet up get some photos etc, drive if we wish. Then do the game idea.
--I'm up for meetin anyone and shootin some pool or havin a drink.
--We can definitely do some tailgating. In any instance.

Anyone have meeting places/ideas?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
they built a new mall out here, haha. it's actually pretty badass since it's an outdoor mall

·
Registered
164 Posts
the parking passes will work for any game but it cost $10 to use them.
and i'll need a good "heads up" on how many i'd need to acquire. 1 is no prob, but more would take some time to get my hands on. roughly, a couple days.

yo, that new mall is a cluster f--k! i work out at Lakeside and have to drive through that mess of construction and truck traffic every day. just my .02 about the new mall.

·
I win one to nothin!
94 Posts
Well that's another idea. Do we want to be someplace public to start? So we can get people walkin by to take a look? I think it'd be kinda slick.

Meet someplace public and have a 'showoff'. Or someplace more secluded? More or a private thing?

My vote is for the 'public' idea.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
i just have to say that when i commented on the mall i wasn't commenting on the drive, but the layout of the building itself. when it gets busy they'll be fucked and whatnot. public would be a good idea, public is fun...haha

·
Registered
164 Posts
yeah, i was just saying it sucks to even drive around there cuz i'm always dodging parts and pieces, of who knows what, on the road...kind of a hazard, i guess.
if we post up at the new mall someone will probably boot us for taking up parking places for potential customers. aka loitering.
i'll still do it though. public is fun.
A park my be a good idea. a busy, well exposed one.
heck, i don't know, i'm just spouting off things. i'll do whatever.

·
I win one to nothin!
94 Posts
Okay. This can be either in Omaha or in Lincoln. Doesn't matter to me.

You omaha-ians think of some spots up there. And I'll brainstorm some for down here. Think "Public places". Or where we'll get some traffic at least.

Good to see we're finally making some decisions.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
decisions are good...hmmm, public places, eh? ha, i've never been booted out of some place so that's a good place to start, haha.

not really sure on places exactly cuz i'm not terribly good at making decisions but lets have a crack at it: one of the few malls [rice right?], millard north has a pretty busy intersection [144th & pacific], something at 114th & dodge? i dunno, i need help.

hey, and we need a number of people [or at least i'd like to know how many we got going] so lemme know.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Head Count: 1-2 here.

Benson Park(74th & Military) gets packed on the weekends...
maybe Crossroads parking lot?

For Lincoln, not being from there i don't know much but, maybe Gateway Mall, South Pointe Mall, or the park at 9th & Van Dorn?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
prolly just myself, although one of my buddy's is into cars and he happens to have a mazda speed though it is not a 3g. and another one of my buddy's [whom i've known for over a decade] is getting a lancer es and wants to start a mitsubishi club dealy...ha. in other words anywhere from 1-2, also one car.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
you lucky fawkers and yer nights and weekends off...oh nevermind i make enough money not to care about that. i just need advanced notice. i'm really kind of out of ideas cuz i was driving around kinda scouting places as i was running errands and i couldn't really come up with anything. nothing but the usual hang-outs i see when i'm out 'ricehuntin'

sidenote: i just had to laugh this morning cuz i was depositing a couple of checks in my bank and the teller had to stop and say "you've got a really nice car." haha...i'm retarded

·
I win one to nothin!
94 Posts
Can we aim for something like July 3rd? It's a Saturday. And it's lil ways in the future.

If not then the saturday afterward. Depending on schedules? I think this might be our best bet. If anyone else has a different suggestion by all means shoot.

May even call a few places that have some primo spots for parkin our butts and simply say to them. "Our Mitsubishi car club is looking to find a place to show to the public what we've done to our cars. If it would be possible, may we use a portion of your parking lot from (give time of day here)? There would probably be only 4-5 of us. Would this be possible?"

Or we just find a nice place and loiter. :) Either way.

p.s. I hate scheduling/deciding this stuff.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
if i had a say in this i'd say avoid the 3rd cuz i'm planning on family stuff so if u did u'd be a car short, haha. the saturday afterward would prolly be do-able though although i'd need to know so that i could ask it off of work [as if none of u already didn't know]. i think it'd prolly be a good thing to call and ask though i'm not sure how many "yes'" we'll get.

memorial park? crossroads/westroads/oakview? i think a good idea would be to have it at some kind of 'upstanding or upscale' place so we don't look ghetto-ish...anyone know what i mean? :twitch:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
well ya know, it's not just ours, it's everyones here. so any input from anybody is fantastic. ;)

·
I win one to nothin!
94 Posts
I think if we stop trying to make it such a huge production it'll be much easier. With the amount of people we're going to have a simple get together would probably be more enjoyable/less hassle.

*shrugs*

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
yeah...i'm just kinda ancy is all, i don't know if that's the impression i was giving or anything but yeah

41 - 60 of 1034 Posts