Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of bolting on a turbo and my clutch has just started slipping. I really wanted to drive the car for about a grand before changing the clutch but luck hasn't really been my defining characteristic throughout life. For those of you who are turboed if you would please post what clutch you have, if you're happy with it and how many miles you have on it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks bud, I saw that thread but wanted more info than what I found doing my "search." Guess I don't want to be in the $500 expense range and end up
P O'd.

·
NA 4 now
321 Posts
snipershrk1 said:
come on guys I know not everyone on here is stock

i have a spec stage three clutch and a light weight alum flywheel. i have about 1000 mi on it and its doing very well. when you change the clutch you might want to change the diff. the stock diff is weak when it comes to putting a lot of power to it. mine broke and put a hole in the case. not just on every day driving, on the track. wheel hop is a BITCH!

·
Zed oh six
6,234 Posts
I also have the Spec Stage 3 with more than 10,000 miles on it. I love it. It is very esy to handle for daily drivers and it grabs very very well under drag conditions.

Rick is right about the differential too. I also broke mine. Getting an LSD will be in order before you start to really get on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have an ACT w/ lighweight flywheel. I've put about a 1000 miles on it so far w/ the turbo and I'm happy. The feel if pretty much stock and it holds the power well. I haven't really pounded on it too much yet though. Besides a few times from a roll and a couple from a stop it has been under 4K RPM highway driving.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump for anyone who has not seen putaface's last post. i have had an issue with those clutches in the past also. cowinkidinke or just crap. decide for yourself..

·
My luvly manly lump!
2,438 Posts
Spec III. Great customer service and excellent quality. They come relatively cheap too, considering you can get the flywheel, clutch, and plate for about 80% the cost of other mix and match setups.

How's the car doing btw? :) Any luck with getting your Quaife?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts