Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Yes... I`m Polish :)
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 versions of EVOSCAN (0.97 & new 2.0) and I'm in a process of tuning and finding differences in quality of fuel in US and in UK. I compared US readings and I found that I got a lot differences as:
......................US..........UK
OctaneFlag:....99.21......78.82
EGT Temp:.....230.5......262.9

Am I right to assume that I got really sh!ty fuel and that might influence mpg and performance? Is anyone willing to go thru my csv files and tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: shcernsise

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
I got 2 versions of EVOSCAN (0.97 & new 2.0) and I'm in a process of tuning and finding differences in quality of fuel in US and in UK. I compared US readings and I found that I got a lot differences as:
......................US..........UK
OctaneFlag:....99.21......78.82
EGT Temp:.....230.5......262.9

Am I right to assume that I got really sh!ty fuel and that might influence mpg and performance? Is anyone willing to go thru my csv files and tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance...
Sure, just send them to my email on my profile. Was one made with the old program and the other with the new version?

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Email sent. One file is from end of 2006 and was made with v0.97 and 2nd was from today made with v2.0.

If it really matter then I can re-do it with v0.97. But I dont think it should matter since both use the same equals and way for scan so there should be no difference.

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
Email sent. One file is from end of 2006 and was made with v0.97 and 2nd was from today made with v2.0.

If it really matter then I can re-do it with v0.97. But I dont think it should matter since both use the same equals and way for scan so there should be no difference.
Thats correct, all versions of EvoScan use the same basic equations to calculate the values so the readings are done using the same method. I will take a look now and see what I find.

Edited:
From first look, the low Oct. difference will affect your MPG. The EGR temp increase is due to the low timing adjustments made by the ECU. The ECU will need to use more fuel to achieve the same effect as the higher Oct. to lower knock and ensure the AFR are as rich as the the ECU wants them to be which is normally even on High Octane fuel pretty rich.

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leeds UK.

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there anything I can do about it? Gas price is a killer here and 10-15 difference its really a lot. I got 20 mpg when I used to have 25-30mpg.

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
You can put octane booster into the gas tank everytime you put gas. ECU Flash wise I don't think there is anything you can do about it. We can work a tune that will lean out the fuel maps to try to have the best air/fuel ratio possible, but thats about it. I don't see any other options, unless someone here has some additional ideas.

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But to lean it out I would need to go for wideband or dyno tuning... :(

Anyone else?

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
But to lean it out I would need to go for wideband or dyno tuning... :(

Anyone else?
I have a Fuel Maps that should help, but I will be honest I haven't tested it in such low octane conditions. If you can, try and see if there is a dyno you can go to. We can work something out, but it will require a wideband O2 sensor or a Dyno. We can try and manipulate the fuel trims but its not an easy task since we don't have direct contact or control over them.

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So it looks like my ECU swap will be very crucial. If you dont mind I will keep you in mind and as soon I will all sorted out I will contact you regarding tuning.

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I checked another gas station....

Octane reading: 67
EGT temp: 260

I'm soooo pissed...:nuts::nuts::nuts:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts