Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well looks like ill be getting the new job i applied for in december.
found out they take over my car insurence so i dont have to pay for that any more :) bad news is they changed their policy this year so they basically got rid of all 2 door sports cars and my eclipse isnt covered. i have yet to see all the list since my manager can only look at it, and i dont wanna call him every 5 seconds to see if a car is covered or not.
so far all the cars i want are covered.
new civic si seadan
new gti- this was labled as a golf 2 door im gona have to call back and make shure its covered.
new jetta gli
corolla xrs old model, i dont want the new slow one
i gotta check on this one, new volvo c30- i like it with the aero kit.

so what do you guys think, any likes or dislikes,
all opinions are welcomed.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
My friend just looked at the C30...I think it looks fantastic, but its pricey for what you get. The one he liked was almost $30,000...sheesh. He ended up with a MazdaSpeed3, which was $6000 less expensive, had more interior room and was quiite a bit faster. If you havent considered a MS3, I think you should.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I have always liked the Civic SI, but Volvo can make some nice/reliable cars also. You should test drive each one, then make your decision. That would be the way that I would make my choice.

·
Premium Member
14,853 Posts
You should test drive each one, then make your decision. That would be the way that I would make my choice.
clearly that makes sense...but we here at Club3G know whats best for your needs, making such trips to a local dealer completely unnecessary.

·
Ass To Mouth
6,271 Posts
Everything in this thread is a good idea, except for two of your choices. DO NOT buy a VW. You'll be kicking yourself the whole time you own it if you do. My two cents.

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
you should get a 60 mpg hybrid.
Why?:scratch: I dont think he is looking for a hybrid. Sounds like he wants a sedan (because it has to be a 4 door) that is fast or at least quick. A hybrid is not going to be quick.

·
I r bad spellr, stfu
4,028 Posts
I like the idea of a WRX. The Sti's are great but the ride is HORRIBLE for a daily driver, it was the reason that i went with the GTO instead of the Sti. I will agree with rocketbass in that you will live the ride and mpg on the VW, but you will hate it in a year or so! Mine was always in the shop. I dont know much about volvos except they can be VERY expensive to fix (think BWM/MB expensive) I like the new Si. Quick and ok on gas, the Mazdaspeed3 is a great option if you dont mind front wheel drive. :twocent:

·
Anastacia HOE!!!!
4,507 Posts
MazdaSpeed3 or 6. I test drove the 3 the other day and that car is awesome and fast. Go check that out or the Speed6. None of your choices are very appealing. Keep looking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts