Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I bought a 2001 eclipse Spyder GS 3.0 the guy said it had power steering but didn’t know how to get it to work upon looking at it I found it. It was missing a tensioner pulley assembly. I’ve looked online and I have not been able to find where I can order one. Does anybody know where I can find one?

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT
380 Posts
Here's two of the main parts, but I can't find the tensioner screw you use to adjust it.

Idler Pulley Bracket MD318635
Idler Pulley MD310150

I would try a junkyard, someone doing a part-out, or a dealership.
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Tread Automotive design Motor vehicle

You could also try a junkyard aggregator like car-part.com. You might find just the pulley at rockauto.com, but they won't have the bracket or other hardware.

·
Registered
2005 Spyder GT
587 Posts
About a week ago I bought a 2001 eclipse Spyder GS 3.0 the guy said it had power steering but didn’t know how to get it to work upon looking at it I found it. It was missing a tensioner pulley assembly. I’ve looked online and I have not been able to find where I can order one. Does anybody know where I can find one?
If the tensioner pulley was missing, then someone removed it for a reason. Most likely there is more problems with the power steering system other than the pulley.

·
Registered
2005 Spyder GT
587 Posts
Btw, the GS is not the 3.0 litre engine...only the GT and GTS has the 3.0, otherwise it is a 2.4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts