Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching around, didnt find anything about where exactly the Parking Break Wire is? my in-dash is required to have its "pink wire" connected to a Parking Break wire. Any idea where i may find it or if its the same color pink? Thanks

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If you take out the rear portion of the center console, you will see a wire that connects to the bottom of the parking brake handle...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pioneer 6.5" In-Dash DVD Receiver
Model #: PIO AVHP5700DVD
, ill try taking out the rear center console, im sure thatll do the trick. Thank You!! if not, tell me your trick.lol

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have the AVIC D3, and the trick for it is to move the mute wire up one notch, ground it, and ground the parking brake wire...it tricks the HU into thinking the car is stopped with the parking brake on. I'm not sure if it will work on your model though...

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
That won't work for the 5700, but you can just hook up a switch between the parking brake wire from your HU and ground to bypass the lockout.

Disclaimer: Bypassing the parking brake lockout is not only dangerous, but illegal in most states. Fines can be incurred, jail time can be spent, and lives can be lost, so do this mod at your own risk. Neither I, nor Club3G, take any responsibility for what happens to you if you do this mod.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright this is what i did, i connected the parking break wire from the HU to the parking break wire. Even when the parking break is up, theres still no video..i checked the wire connection again and its all connected just fine. Any suggestions on what may be the problem? I should have video because the parking break is up..everything else works, radio, cd's, screen lights up just the dvds dont display..

Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah, best thing to do for dvd players, like that that need a brake switch, is to put an inline toggle switch. That way you can flip it real quick if a cop pulls you over and he won't be any wiser..... unless of course he sees you flip the switch, lol.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would go back and make sure that you have all the wires connected correctly. Is it giving you any sort of errors, or just the typical, "Cannot play video while vehicle is in motion."

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill recheck my connections..how would you do the toggle switch?, lol. Its just giving me the typical vehicle in motion crap.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Cut the wire.... place one end of it on one terminal... and the other end, on the other terminal... flip the switch to make sure it works, and voila!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts