Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Yes... I`m Polish :)
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need help with my odometer. I moved from US to Europe and at first I registered my car in Poland. I went thru hell but whatever...

2 weeks ago my gauges start acting a little bit wierd and I had problem with speedometer not working and rev acting wierd. I could be that I got some electrical problems - I dont know...

I decided to change the whole cluster but it has different milage. Everything would be OK if not the fact that in a month I need to register my car in UK (because that where I live now) and I need to have everything in tact for inspection here. Since its first inspection and they dont have THAT CAR here its going to be more complicated for me as regular registration. They will be checking history, specs and all other sh!t...

Someone told me, they will check my odometer history and since I changed my cluster I got different milage and when I went to Mitsu here they want ~200 pounds (~$400) to change that... I was pissed... but that reminds me how great service I can expect from Mitsu dealer - not only in US (sorry).

So I was wonder if you guys can someone help with that because I`m not crazy enough to spend that money to do that...

Please help.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Can't you just state that the odometer reading does not accurately reflect the proper mileage? I know you can here.

On a side note though, are you aware of the modifications you're going to have to make to your vehicle lighting system as well?

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont need that. I already got that solved. Lights aint the problem for me anymore...

·
Sehnsucht
8,398 Posts
the only legal way to do it is to have the dealer do it, change it out aand have them document and verify the work they did on it. if you went to sell your car later down the road and let's say you did it yourself. you could get in trouble if anyone found out

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
the only legal way to do it is to have the dealer do it, change it out aand have them document and verify the work they did on it. if you went to sell your car later down the road and let's say you did it yourself. you could get in trouble if anyone found out
Are you saying that's the only legal way in the UK? Because that's not the only legal way in the 50 states (it might be in the state you're in, but not all). That's why most states have the odometer disclosure statements that need to be filled out at the time of transferring the title...you can state that the mileage exceeds the mechanical limits (such as for older cars that had one less digit), or that the mileage is not acurate (I forget the exact wording...but it would cover issues where the odometer stopped working or if it was changed)...

·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That really sucks... not only cost of registration again but cost of doing that legal.... I sick and tired of that crap... If I would known the hell I`m going thru now I would think about it one more time...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts