Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help with raspy exhaust

Recently I had a cat-back, on my 00' gt fed spec....well a cat less, Cat-Back exhaust put on. I had the guy remove my stock cat a put a test pipe in place of the cat. I also had him run 2 1/5 piping from the headers to the magnaflow muffler i bought. Now I'm annoyed its raspy and it sounds like your typical honda when i get on it. Any suggestions on what I can do to make it quiter but yet still keep the hp and tourque gain. or if possible increase me hp and tourque?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Have a hi-flow cat installed...why did you take the old one out? Removing a cat is illegal and the shop could get in serious trouble for doing so...it really makes me wonder how some of these shops don't get nailed for doing this...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
so a cat will fix the raspy sound?
It did for me...I had a cat-back for quite some time, and when I installed the header the cats were eliminated...rasp-o-rama! It was so bad I had to put that fugly silencer in the back...::ghey3: I had a local muffler shop weld a hi-flow cat into the mid pipe and was able to remove the silencer...it has a nice deep rumble now...:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts