Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
2K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  FoolishMindz 
#1 ·
What's up guys I've read a lot on this site and figured it was time for my first post!:)
I worked at a big dealership and I got sent to pick a car from a local autozone, behold it was my girl Scarlett (my 2000 Eclipse GT named after sexy Scarlett Johansson) and it was love at first drive. Next day got a loan for $3,000 and drove home from work with my first car. That was June of 2013 and the car has 156.5 k today. It runs decent and most of my maintenance has been done. I.E. Transmission Servie, All Fluids, Serpentine and Timing Belt, Water Pump, and Runs only in Shell Premium (V-Power) gasoline. Also in the process of doing my spark plug, wires, and distributor tune up. The car is mostly stock except for an AEM CIA, DDM Tuning 55w 6k HID Kit, Brake Motive brake set, and some minor sound system upgrades that were already installed upon purchase. Also about 2 months of having the car I hit a racoon late at night and took of my ENTIRE front bumper lip along with some of the splash guard (picture will be posted) I'd like to swap with the 03 bumper but can't find one for cheap. So gentlemen my question is where should I invest my money in the car now.. thoughts and ideas? I am pretty money tight as I am only 18 and live with myself and girlfriend, I'd say I have roughly $200 left over at the end of the month. Or is it even worth it with this many miles?? Lemme know I'm just a noob.

#3 ·
another "should i spend my money on a 10+ year old car" thread eh?

DO IT. any other car that hit an animal would have the same damage so it dosent matter anyway. its your car that i presume is mostly paid of if not all paid off. just spend the money and enjoy the new bumper style.

#6 ·
Damn, well then whats the best next step? I have no subwoofer and a blown speaker, broken bumper, fogged up headlights from the inside so no way to restore them, kinda want an exhaust, but not sure where to start and prices. Also really wondered about how to change my cluster! Can't see shit at night and I've seen a couple after market but I'm not sure where to look for those

#7 ·
If it was mine I would fix the bumper first and anything else that might need a fix, then move on to the fun stuff. As for the cluster have you thought about a led swap? It looks nice and you can put any color you want. My cluster is a touchscreen tab with elm obd2 ruuning torque. I love it. For a sound system I would go with component setup. Just all depends on your taste.

#12 ·
I suggest taking a little time to just look around the forum. I'm new to it too and had no idea how much is on here until I took a few days at work on my down time to look around. There is a for sale section on here that you can find all kinds of parts from other members. I personally have used a lot of the how to threads to do my work to my car. Makes it a whole lot easier. I think the car should last a while for you especially since its an almost all stock car as long as previous owners kept up on the maintenance. And fixing these cars up to look nice doesn't seem too hard. You can find a lot of simple aftermarket parts to enhance the looks of these cars fairly cheap. Of course if you are really wanting it to stand out then your gonna be dropping a lot of money in it but you can get them to look nice and simple with little money

#14 ·
This ^^. Look around, familiarize yourself with the site and all the sections. There is tons of info on just about anything and everything you could want to know. Read the very important stickies in each section as they give you guidance on what you can/cannot ask. If you do your reaearch, you should not have to ask questions regarding posting pics, where to find things for sale....do some legwork on your own, it will pay off big time. Oh, and stay out of the OT section unless you just want to read. Welcome to the forum. :lol:

#16 ·
I know this will sound lame but if you use your car as a dd, than save up for the thinkgs that need to be fixed. For example, atm I am saving for going FI but I am about 2% on the way there.
I would say fix issues than drop,wheels and tints. After that exhaust and maybe bigger things?

Anyways any way you swing it, its your car and make sure that you do what you want

Happy modding and welcome:wavey:

#23 · (Edited)
Unless your putting an evo/kia swap or forged internals,cams etc or a 6g75 swap I dont think spending like 5k tops is worth it. To me the car is more for show than speed. Its way to heavy. To make the 3g a fast car 400hp plus it will take alot of money. A lot. But if your happy with 300wph than yea its worth the time and money.

#24 ·
Just went to car toys and they quoted me $800 for a full new sound system (2 Tweeters, 2 - Way Front Speakers and Rear, 2 amps, and 10" Sub) $300 of thay is for installation and I don't know shit about how to install myself, is it difficult to do? Or is it achievable with the right will to make it happen? Also are there cheaper alternatives?

#27 ·
So basically what I want from my car is that I'm not looking to dump all of paycheck into it but I would like to have a comfortable ride and if push comes to shove on the road. I don't need to be the fastest out there but I would like to hold my own is all. What are simple beginner upgrades that are doable. I've seen a lot of people swapping out their intake manifold on here and how it's Givin some power? Give me ideas. Thanks you guys I appreciate all your input and again it's cool to finally be a part of the conversation instead of just reading it all the time! Rock on bitches

#29 ·
I hate to be that guy but one of the members had the best respons on here (i cant remember the username)

"You are basically driving a 2 door galant"
want performance? sell this the 3gen and buy a 2gen.

without going FI 3gen eclipse is slow, this car was "meant to break away from the RaCe CaR idea coming from 1st and 2nd gen eclipse"

Idk the quote was something along those lines.

TL;DR

Spend 5k+ go FI or enjoy a cruiser not a racer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.