Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RAWRRR
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change my front rotors and pads asap
rotors are probably warped. I get a vibration in the steering wheel when braking at 45+ MPH
and the pads are worn out.

I was thinking of getting these Centric Posi-Quiet Extended Wear Pads for $36
More Information for CENTRIC 10608660

and the Centric Power Alloy Rotors for $50 each
More Information for CENTRIC 12546061

Should I go with something else?

I looked at the brembo rotors but they are like $80 each and the actual reviews on tirerack didn't seem to be that good.

LMK what you guys think

·
Bankai
1,672 Posts
Does sound like you might have warped rotors.

I'm not sure about those pads. I wouldn't cheap out on brake system components though.

Why not get the Powerslot rotors with Hawk HPS pads? A little more money, but you know what you're getting.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
Does sound like you might have warped rotors.

I'm not sure about those pads. I wouldn't cheap out on brake system components though.

Why not get the Powerslot rotors with Hawk HPS pads? A little more money, but you know what you're getting.
:agreed:

fancy and cheap is never better than simple and good. i am running simple 00 GT dual pistons up front, and simple disks in the rrear.. and honestly, i have no need for stopping power from my brakes. i can lock the wheels.. it means my tires are the weak point.

·
RAWRRR
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill just go with the centric premium

i dont need slotted rotors, just something long lasting and reliable
im not planning on hittin the track anytime in the near future

thanks for the advice

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,426 Posts
The posi quiet's are a good pad, I used to have those on all 4 corners when I had my ebc slotted rotors. Centric is a good brand as well so you shouldn't have problems.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
If you need pads, you need pads. But read up on the bed-in procedure for new rotors, and do exactly that with your current setup. Yes, your current setup isn't new, but still, go through the process.

Your rotors *might* be warped, or they might have uneven pad deposits on them, and when they spin around they have grippy spots that tend to grab the pads and that translates through the rest of the system which you can feel in the steering wheel.

Worst case you killed a little time and it didn't work. Best case you fix the problem and dont have to buy rotors.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts

·
RAWRRR
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got the posi-quiet ceramic pads i think those were better overall than the regular posi-quiet ones
but yeah as far as the rotors go, they would have to be turned and the cost was just not worth it when I could get new rotors for about the same money

1 - 10 of 10 Posts