Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your air/fuel ratio like? I saw that you are running 390cc injectors and a 12:1 FMU. It seems to me like you would be running way too rich.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I was, i jsut downgraded it to 6:1. I left it rich rather than lean for saftey sake while waiting for the 6:1 to arrive. :D

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool Thanks. I am trying to help RICK03 tune his car, and it is running too lean up top. He is running 310cc injectors, a 4:1 holley FPR, and a SAFC II maxed out at +50%. BTW, which FPR do you use the vortech FMU or SFMU, and how do you like it?

It would be nice to get the A/F ratio close with a FPR that has a higher rising rate, but still tuning the SAFC with positive corrections. Since the ECU would effectively see more air, it would pull timing a little bit, as he has no way to control timing at the moment.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Vortech FMU- smfu not worth the expense. Pulling timing is good with boost tho ;) With 310's you need to be using at least the 8:1 if not a 10:1 ratio. The kits have the injector rates they go with on vortech's site. 310 = 21lb/hr which vortech recommends a 10:1 ratio. I would just order that FMU. I don't know much about the holley ones or if you can recalibrate them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Neffarious said:
Vortech FMU- smfu not worth the expense. Pulling timing is good with boost tho ;) With 310's you need to be using at least the 8:1 if not a 10:1 ratio. The kits have the injector rates they go with on vortech's site. 310 = 21lb/hr which vortech recommends a 10:1 ratio. I would just order that FMU. I don't know much about the holley ones or if you can recalibrate them.
So Joe with my 310's I should forget the 12:1 and get the 10 or 8:1? My AF is very close to stock as it is right now running @ 5.8 so I think just a little would be ok?

·
Registered
648 Posts
10:1. You safc is maxxed at the moment. You will be able to turn it down a bit with the FMU because of the added pressure. From what i remember about the tuning session you are running 13.5 af which is way too lean for FI. you wanna be running 12.5 or so. I was at 13 which is still too lean but am now in ~11 land because i have the sfac tunred rich until tomorrow when i get the time to tune again.

·
Registered
648 Posts
i like it a lot. Not too stiff and streetable ;)

·
Sebring 6G72
518 Posts
Neffarious said:
Vortech FMU- smfu not worth the expense.
SFMU is a far better unit hands down.

Neffarious said:
The kits have the injector rates they go with on vortech's site. 310 = 21lb/hr which vortech recommends a 10:1 ratio. I would just order that FMU. I don't know much about the holley ones or if you can recalibrate them.

310cc injector= 29lb

21lb=220cc

·
Registered
648 Posts
Burn504 said:

310cc injector= 29lb

21lb=220cc
You are the only person to ever say that. Every single other tuner i have talked to says the sfmu is a POS because it delopes leaks. Its trying to do too much as a FMU asn static FPR all in one. I had an SFMU and sold it in lieu of an FMU.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Burn504 said:

310cc injector= 29lb

21lb=220cc

oopps your right my math was off sorry

·
Registered
648 Posts
double post.

·
Sebring 6G72
518 Posts
thats odd cause i have never heard a bad thing about the SFMU except for it can be pricey.

basically it is a great standalone unit IMO.

but know that i think about it i have heard problems about not being able to get the base pressure high enough or it is too high. Usually because of leaving/taking out the stock fpr. certain setups need it left in and some dont.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts