Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Smartalic411
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I run in my passion. Got my 01 RS with a td05hr-16g-10.5t. I'm only running around 10-12 pounds right now. But that isn't the point, I am running a constant negative 12.5 long term fuel trim. My short term jumps a lot but fairly regularly stays neg as well. Anyone have any idea to fix it? I self tune on evoscan and ecuflash running an evo 8 rom. I just had the injectors flow tested (second hand wrx 440cc blues) all flowing around 445 average. I still have stock fuel system, looking to go with new rail, fpr, and pump if need be. I have my injectors scaled back 20%, I don't remember where exactly but I saw something to do that(please correct me if I'm wrong). This is my daily and I want her as perfect running as she can be :wub:

·
Smartalic411
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ecuflash software. I stole the latencies from the wrx guys and then pulled some of the cc so they are not 440 in the ecu. Something I heard do on one of these forums.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,997 Posts
You have to play more with you injector scaling and latency settings. But you could just set your car to open loop all the time. You'll no longer have to deal with pesky LTFTs and O2 referencing.

·
Smartalic411
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was discussing it with q guy I have befriended on the fb forums and we came to the conclusion of boost leak.. fixed one and it helped so far... what would constant loop do for gas mileage though?

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,997 Posts
If you tune your Maps properly you should get comparable or even better mileage. Once you're in open loop, your ECU references your ignition and your fuel maps. Your knock sensor will then determine, through interpolation and knock count, which map the ECU references. It takes a little bit of time and patience along with good logging to create decent fuel and and ignition maps. But it's not difficult.

·
Smartalic411
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright... I might look into that here soon... gonna have enough on my plate for this weekend... switching to the gm maf in blow through to try to compensate for boost leak and get me closer to being able to read my end goal lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts